The paraprofessional will work under the direction and guidance of the special education/general education teacher, administration, and school-based personnel in supporting students growth and achievement including students IEP goals and objectives.
- Assist students in their learning across content areas in individual, small group, and whole group settings.
- Assist students in self-regulation and management of emotions and behavior to maximize student learning including, but not limited to, implementing and supporting behavior plans and classroom management programs.
- Provide sensory support to students as needed. Sensory supports may include, but are not limited to, implementing and supporting sensory plans, providing students sensory breaks, and supporting students in the use of sensory equipment.
- Assist and supporting students in their communication between peers, school staff, etc. including the use of assistive technology.
- Support students transitions during arrival and dismissal, between subjects/classes in school, and between activities.
- Provide personal care assistance to students including but not limited to toileting/diapering, feeding, physical lifting of students for hygiene and body positioning changes.
- Other duties related to support of students as directed by Principal.
- Education beyond high school diploma required; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Experience with students with special needs.
- Excellent oral, written, and communication skills.
- Demonstrates dependability, initiative, responsibility, intuitiveness, and is well-organized.
- A desire to work with complex learners and the ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to physically assist students as assigned.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience preferred.