Classified - Service PersonnelDate Posted:
ADM: Central AdministrationClosing Date:
THIS VACANCY IS ONLY OPEN TO ELIGIBLE INTERNAL APPLICANTS AND TO PERSONS ON THE ULSTER COUNTY CERTIFICATION OF ELIGIBLES LIST.
EMPLOYMENT APPLICATIONS FROM EXTERNAL APPLICANTS OR FROM PERSONS NOT ON THE ULSTER COUNTY C.O.E. LIST WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Ulster BOCES is seeking a Senior Clerk for a full-time, 12 month position. The ideal candidate has good knowledge of office terminology, procedures and equipment; good knowledge of business arithmetic and English; good knowledge of agency policy, rules and regulations; ability to understand and carry out oral and written directions; ability to get along well with others; ability to write legibly and keep accurate records; and high clerical aptitude.
All Civil Service laws, rules and regulations apply. Fingerprinting required.
Civil Service Classification: Competitive. Merit and fitness examination applies.
Salary commensurate with experience and training. Salary range: $40,000 - $48,000. WORK SCHEDULE:
Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m to 4:00 p.m SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Assigns work, reviews and records work done, and instructs new employees in specialized clerical work of a unit;
- Sets up time schedules and is responsible for discipline in a unit;
- Conducts routine correspondence on matters where policies and procedures are well defined;
- Checks reports and records for clerical accuracy, completeness and proper extension;
- Collects and compiles statistics and other related information;
- May perform all duties of a Clerk;
- May process checks, codes and files requisitions, claims, vouchers, bills and receipts;
- May interview agency clients and explain services available;
- Answers telephone and gives out general information or relieves at switchboard;
- Collects fees and accounts for monies received;
- May issue and record applications, licenses and permits;
- May process, sort, index, record and file a variety of control records and reports;
- May operate computing, calculating, or other office machines;
- May utilize computer and/or data processing equipment in the course of carrying out various clerical duties;
- Prepares and maintains a variety of records and reports
A. Successful completion of the eighth grade in school, or its equivalent and one year of clerical experience; OR
B. Two (2) years of clerical experience.AGENCY OVERVIEW Our Mission:
At Ulster BOCES, our mission is to provide high quality shared educational, administrative, and technical services that will enable component school districts to develop the capacity of their students and adults to achieve higher standards of performance. With an emphasis on economic efficiencies, Ulster BOCES is committed to offering educational programs that enable all students to prepare for employment and/or post-secondary education.
The Ulster County Board of Cooperative Education Services is an educational agency serving eight component school districts. They are: Ellenville Central School District • Highland Central School District • Kingston City Schools Consolidated • New Paltz Central School District • Onteora Central School District • Rondout Valley Central School District • Saugerties Central School District • Wallkill Central School District BENEFITS
Generous health insurance, dental and vision benefits. Paid time off. New York state retirement system membership and 403(b) tax-sheltered annuities plan. Flexible spending plan, disability benefits, employee assistance program and tuition reimbursement.
Equal Opportunity Employer Ulster County Board of Cooperative Education Services Non-Discrimination Statement
The Board of Cooperative Educational Services, Sole Supervisory District of Ulster County ("BOCES"), does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, religious practice, national origin, ethnic group, sex (including sexual harassment and sexual violence), gender identity, sexual orientation ("sexual orientation" means heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, or asexuality), political affiliation, age, marital status, military status, veteran status, disability, weight, domestic violence victim status, arrest or conviction record, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected status in regard to employment opportunities or educational/vocational programs or activities which it operates. All inquiries regarding BOCES Non-Discrimination policies and/or complaints regarding violation(s) of these policies should be directed to the BOCES Compliance Officer, Dr. Jonah Schenker, Deputy Superintendent in one of the following manners:
By E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Mail: 175 Route North, New Paltz, New York, 12561
By Telephone: (845) 255-1400
Inquiries concerning the application of Title IX and its implementing regulation and/or complaints regarding violation(s) of these provisions can be referred to the Department of Education, Office of Civil Rights, 32 Old Slip, 26th Floor, New York, NY 10005-2500, Telephone: (646) 428-3900, FAX: (646) 428-3843; TDD: (800) 877-8339; E-Mail: OCR.NewYork@ed.gov