High School Teaching/Dean of StudentsDate Posted:
William Allen High School Dean of Students Salary Range: $49,264 - $65,706 Qualifications:
- Pursuing a Master's degree from an accredited institution with a major in educational leadership, educational supervision, or a related field that will result in PA principal certification.
- Hold or be able to obtain a valid and current Pennsyvlania Teaching Certificate
- Minimum of three years of successful teaching experience.
- Willingness to work beyond the regular teaching day if necessary
- Satisfactory work record and criminal/child abuse clearances (Acts 34, 114, 151)
- Knowledge of and flexibility in the use of computers and software programs typically used in school administration
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Such additiona or alternatives to the above qualifications as the board may determine appropriate and acceptable.
Note: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Summary
Assista the building principal or assitant principal in directing and coordinating educational, administrative activities consistent with the charge of improving student achievement by preforming essensial dutes. Essential Duties
- Assists in coordinating the educational program under the direction of the principal to ensure conformance with state and school board standards.
- Assists in making classroom observations with the principal with the intent to train as an evaluator once qualified.
- Confers with teachers, students, and parents concerning educational and behavioral problems in school.
- Assists with the design and implementation of projects and programs that will meet the specific needs of students.
- Plans, organizes, and assists with the implementation of school activities.
- Assists with building discipline, student, faculty, and staff attendance, and class schedules, cumulative records, and grade reporting ensuring that all are consistent with district policies and regulations.
- Assists with the requisitioning and allocation of supplies, equipment, and instructional material as needed.
- Assists with planning and directing building maintenance.
- Facilitates and assists with the administration of educational programs for students with special needs.
- Writes reports, correspondence and memoranda for review by the principal.
- Presents information and responds to questions from groups of faculty, support staff, students, parents, and the general public under the direction of the principal.
- Computes pupil/teacher ratios, percentages, and interprets graphs and other data pertinent to educational leadership to assist the principal.
- Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as may be assigned or delegated by the principal.
Share in our community! Grow with our students! Join our district today and be a part of our future!
The Allentown School District is committed to excellence! The richness of The Allentown School District's diversity is strengthened by its central role in educating our students for America's future through academic excellence and celebrating the culturally responsive, athletic and artistic range of talent in the schools. ASD students originate from 51 countries and speak 26 languages.
The Allentown School District offers a comprehensive benefits package to those who qualify.
This may include*
o Medical Insurance
o Dental Insurance
o Vision Reimbursement
o Tuition Reimbursement
o Personal and Sick time
o PSERS Retirement Fund
*Eligibility for specific benefits will be outlined in each labor group's specific collective bargaining agreement.
For more information on this position, please read the full description document.