Welcome to the Hatboro-Horsham School District!
At Hatboro-Horsham School District we are focused on continually examining our district practices and structures. We advance, promote, and advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion to enhance alignment with the tenets of the whole child. We are committed to creating and maintaining environments in which each student is healthy, safe, engaged, supported, and challenged. Hatboro-Horsham draws strength from the rich variety of perspectives and life experiences of our community. As an employee of the district, you can anticipate that your contributions will further our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion. Mission Statement
- The School District of Hatboro-Horsham will prepare and challenge all students to excel academically and to develop social skills and creativity by providing exemplary and innovative educational programs through a supportive collaboration of educators, students, parents, and community stakeholders.Vision Statement
- Hatboro-Horsham School District is comprised of a cohesive, supportive group of dedicated staff, students, parents, and community members united in our commitment to pursue excellence in education. We intend to realize our highest potential as an educational community by setting clear, measurable goals, employing best practices, engaging in effective communication, and utilizing resources wisely.Position Goal:
To assure the smooth and efficient operation of the school office and to perform secretarial duties in a professional and courteous manner.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interact with students, parents, teachers, District staff, and the general public in a friendly, professional manner.
- Maintains accurate attendance records for all staff in database.
- Coordinates substitutes and coverage of classes for the teaching staff.
- Observes confidentiality of all school matters.
- Keeps accurate records for petty cash fund.
- Makes valid and independent decisions in assigned areas of responsibilities.
- Answer the phones in a pleasant manner and take messages as needed.
- Types memos and correspondence.
- Exhibit skilled competence in typing and word processing.
- Schedule appointments for Building Principal and/or other administrative building staff.
- Develop and maintain an efficient, comprehensive filing system.
- Ability to show tact and diplomacy in stressful situations.
- Must be cooperative, congenial and service-oriented.
- Ability to work in an environment with frequent interruptions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The Administrative Assistant to the Principal will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform other job-related duties requested by the Building Principal.
The position holder must be able to perform the essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. It is the responsibility of the employee to inform the HHSD Director of Personnel of any and all reasonable accommodation that will be required. Hatboro-Horsham School District is an Equal Opportunity Employment, Educational, and Service Organization.
The Hatboro-Horsham School requires all employees to adhere to PA School Code and policies set forth by the School Board, which is an essential function of employment. In addition, regular attendance to work is an essential function of employment.