ABOUT ALLIANCE COLLEGE-READY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Alliance College-Ready Public Schools was founded in 2004 based on the belief that all young people--regardless of ZIP code, income, ability, or background-- are capable of achieving at high levels. Alliance is now one of the largest and most successful public charter school networks in the nation, operating 26 high-performing middle and high schools serving 13,000 scholars in Los Angeles communities that have been systemically oppressed. In our 17th school year, Alliance has a proven record of success: though 93% of incoming sixth graders come to Alliance reading below grade level, 95% of Alliance graduates have been accepted to college-including 73% to a four-year university. We strive to truly change the life trajectories of our scholars and communities, with a goal of 75% of Alliance graduates completing a four-year college degree. Now is the time to join our collaborative community to make long-lasting change across Los Angeles. WHY JOIN ALLIANCE?
Our Principals are passionate and social justice oriented change agents, with an underlying belief that all scholars deserve access to transformational opportunities. As an Alliance instructional and people leader, lead diverse culturally responsive teams which impact the lives of our scholars and communities. You'll possess deep knowledge of great teaching and instruction, and demonstrate engagement inspiring diverse communities to increase scholar achievement. Your understanding of graduation requirements, college readiness, scholarship opportunities, and career preparedness allow you to influence scholars' pathway to success. As a disruptive leader, you'll develop and implement a school-wide plan to ensure the safety of scholars and school teams. As a people leader you'll bring teams and resources in ways that matter to scholars, staff, and families. WHAT ARE PRINCIPAL SUPPORTS?
Alliance Principals receive substantial professional development to continue to hone their craft, including monthly full-day professional development sessions, semi-annual network-wide leadership retreats, and ongoing coaching from Instructional Superintendents and our Senior Director of School Leadership. Principals receive robust support from the Alliance Home Office to enable their leadership autonomy, including support selecting and implementing research-based, rigorous curriculum and utilizing assessment data to drive instruction, as well as back-office supports (e.g., finance, operations, HR, IT, facilities). WHAT WE EXPECT OUR PRINCIPALS: Instructional, Visionary, and Talent Leadership
Positive School and Community Culture
- Drive instructional excellence by setting aspirational school goals and ensuring that teachers receive appropriate, targeted coaching and professional development to meet goals.
- Prepare all scholars to apply to, enroll, attend, and succeed in college by implementing a college-ready curriculum and supporting instructional activities, and by using multiple data points and ongoing data analysis to continually revise and improve the school's instructional program.
- Supervise, coach, develop, and evaluate teachers via regular observations, feedback, and coaching as part of Alliance's rigorous teacher development and support system.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE/BE:
- Create a culture of high expectations with a relentless focus on student achievement, college and career readiness, operational efficiency, and self-improvement.
- Maintain a safe and positive school environment in which students thrive, develop and grow.
- Develop a work environment to retain and develop exceptionally talented staff.
- Foster an environment of deep collaboration with families and caregivers, building strong relationships and encouraging their direct engagement in their students' school experiences.
- Partner with the Alliance Home Office to secure and allocate the resources and supports necessary to maintain the school's organizational health.
- A belief in and alignment with Alliance's core beliefs and educational philosophy to prepare scholars for the intellectual rigor of college and the skills required for 21 st century careers;
- Deep understanding of the nuances of urban school environments and school culture;
- Expertise in building a positive and collaborative adult culture;
- Instructional expertise, including knowledge of Common Core-aligned instruction, student-centered classrooms, personalized learning, and instructional technology;
- Ability to thrive in settings with autonomy, independence, and high levels of personal flexibility;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and cultivate relationships with students and adults;
- Deep belief in growth mindset;
- Exhibit respect and humility in all interactions;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Entrepreneurial spirit to thrive in a fast-paced and achievement-oriented environment;
- A willingness to go above and beyond to contribute to the success of a dynamic team; and
- Ability to develop and implement organizational systems and strategies
START DATEEARLY BIRD APPLICATION DEADLINE COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or university;
- Valid California teaching credential;
- Three years of teaching experience; and
- Two or more successful years of school leadership experience.
- Some Alliance College Ready Public schools require an Administrative credential authorizing service as a Principal or ability to obtain this credential in California .
Alliance is committed to being a Best Place to Work, where employees find meaning and joy in their work every day, within a culture of collaboration, support, and excellence. Alliance offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience, as well as a comprehensive health benefits packages, including dental and vision. Alliance school leader base salaries are up to 15% higher than the local district. Alliance covers 100% monthly premiums for individual employees or up to $900/month toward family plan premiums. APPLICATION PROCESS
Interested candidates should submit their application and supporting documents below. Please note that only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
** PLEASE NOTE: Alliance College-Ready Public Schools requires that all team members be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for the safety of our students, family, and staff. Team members may apply to seek a medical exemption. Regardless of your current vaccination status, our team can advise you on how to fulfill this important requirement so that you can start the position in a timely way. **
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the requirements, women and other underrepresented people tend to only apply when they match every criteria. If you think you meet some of the qualifications, but don't necessarily check every box in the job description, we encourage you to still apply. If you have questions contact the Staffing Team at JoinUs@lalliance.org .
Alliance College-Ready Public Schools are tuition-free public charter schools that do not discriminate against any scholar, parent, community member, or staff member on the basis of actual or perceived ancestry, age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
See where our schools are in Los Angeles Map Key:
- Red Dots: Middle Schools
- Green Dots: High Schools
- Yellow Dot: Alliance Home Office