Founded in 1884, Groton School is a diverse community devoted to inspiring lives of character, learning, leadership, and service. Three hundred eighty students in grades eight through twelve benefit from the guidance of more than ninety faculty members who live on a bucolic New England campus with world-class facilities, all less than an hour’s drive from Boston.
Groton School is currently seeking a Head Coach for its Girls Varsity Lacrosse program beginning with the 2023 spring term (late March through early June).
The Head Coach is responsible for the operation of the girls lacrosse program, including organizing, completing the assigned tasks, communicating regularly with the Athletics Department, and working with students. The head coach conducts practices, motivates students, instructs athletes in game strategies and techniques, and helps with day-to-day logistics, game statistical support, and guiding assistant coaches.
The Head Coach will work approximately 20 hours per week, Monday through Saturday, and will report to the Athletic Director.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Instructs players in the techniques of the game
- Organizes and directs individual and small group practice activities/exercises
- Assesses player skills and monitors players during competition and practice
- Models sportsmanship and nondiscriminatory practices in all activities and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, opponents, officials, and spectators
- May need to perform additional duties as assigned by supervisors
- Collaborates with co-workers and in conjunction with other departments
- Travels with team to away games
The ideal candidate will have:
- Three or more years of coaching experience at the high school level or above
- Excellent knowledge and teaching skills in analysis and techniques of lacrosse
- Strong motivational and communication skills Inclusive approach to teaching and educating
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a wide array of constituents (students, coaches, staff, faculty, health care providers).
Please note that, prior to hire, the selected candidate will be asked to submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19.
Compensation will be based on experience and does not include benefits.