POSITION TITLE: Accounts Payable & Payroll Specialist
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance and Operations
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 12-month employment with benefits, non-union 37.5 hours per week
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration (concentrating in Finance, Accounting, or similar field).
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred.
- Considerable experience in the Payroll field.
- A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
- Effective attention to detail
- Respond to payroll issues in a timely manner.
- Ability to prioritize is essential
- Excellent written/verbal communication and organizational skills
- Aptitude for numeric calculations and interpretations
- 10-key by touch
- Technology Savvy-Knowledge of financial software programs and strong Microsoft Excel
- Accounting experience (preferred)
- Ability to work in person and/or remote
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: The following list is intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- In this role you will be streamlining a specialized Accounts Payable and Payroll Function project and be a vital part of the digital transformation.
- Recordkeeping on all leave taken by all staff, assist school staff with correct accounting of time.
- Reconcile pay information.
- Make necessary payroll adjustments regarding pay, benefits, deductions, etc.
- Reconcile Teacher Retirement and Non-Teacher Retirement contributions
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy in payroll and attendance records for employees, including pay rates, transfers, promotions, taxes, insurance, dues, retirements and annuities.
- Assist in the preparation of reports for local, state and federal agencies.
- Create, edit and manage district account codes
- Ensure compliance with IRS, State and other legislative actions and assist auditors in finding and interpreting district information.
- Handle all unemployment claims, employee verifications.
- Process all forms submitted Massachusetts Teacher Retirement System (MTRS) (i.e. retirement & disability applications).
- Work with data processing and Human Resources in maintaining district wide personnel systems.
- Receive all payroll copies of employee applications for health/life/disability insurance plans. Become knowledgeable in supporting employees to onboard or update their benefits.
- Assist in preparation of salary projections for budget and negotiations purposes
- Become knowledgeable of the Union and non-union contract provisions for faculty and staff.
- Lead Accounts Payable efforts including liaising with teams across the entire school district and manage Accounts Payable from receipt of invoice to verification to bill payments.
- Create Purchase Orders and Post Accounts Payable Invoices and reconcile vendor accounts; provide accurate documentation to align with internal controls.
- Investigate and resolve problems relating to all areas of responsibility, gather and analyze information and take proper course of action.
- Such other responsibilities as may from time to time be assigned by the Director of Finance and Operations and/or Superintendent of Schools
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend meetings and training as required.
- Provide accounting system training and assistance.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Recommend new efficiency improvements.
SALARY: Negotiable, commensurate with experience.
APPLICATION: Please apply until filled to: www.falmouth.k12.ma.us
#Payroll23-1 Lori Duerr, Ed.D. Superintendent of Schools
POSTING START DATE: 9/8/2022
EOE: The School Committee affirms a policy which guarantees equal employment opportunity in the recruitment, application, selection, compensation, retention, transfer, promotion, benefits, work assignment and career progression process without discrimination for reasons of individual's race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, ancestry, citizenship, military status, sexual orientation, disability or genetic information.