Position Type: Temporary/Miscellaneous/Temporary/Miscellaneous
Date Posted: 11/1/2022
Location: Temporary/Misc Location
Job Code: Temporary/Miscellaneous - 004004 Standard Hours: 10 Department: Temporary/Misc - 990000 Empl Class: NA   This position is for a Parent Mentor through the Georgia Parent Mentor Partnership (GaPMP) in the Department of Special Education and Psychological Services License and Certification Qualifications: License and/or certification as appropriate to specific job may be required.
Education Qualifications: Educational requirements may vary depending on specific job performed.
Experience Qualifications: Knowledge in area of employment and/or related work experience required. Applicants should have a child who is receiving special education services or have previously received special education services.
Skills Qualifications: Ability to follow tasks through to completion; willingness to learn and become skilled in area of employment; results-oriented with a strong ability to relate to customers; ability to read and comprehend written instructions; ability to follow oral instructions; ability to work as part of a team; flexibility and adaptability to change; ability to represent Gwinnett County Public Schools in a positive and professional manner; and ability to demonstrate accountability for actions and decisions.
Primary Responsibilities: Perform tasks and responsibilities related to functions of specific job assignment and to perform additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
1. Perform designated job duties. a. Perform tasks as assigned and/or in accordance with an assigned work schedule. b. Understand all phases of job assignment. c. Demonstrate quality work performance and demonstrate an interest to improve job skills. d. Attend job-related classes, workshops, in-service, and staff meetings as needed or required.
2. Collaborate with stakeholders in the development of parent involvement programs and activities designed to engage exceptional students' families in improving student achievement for students with disabilities a. Provide regular communication to parents, students and the community to inform them of events and opportunities for involvement with the schools b. Participate in and encourage parent involvement in school programs, activities supporting community awareness, parent trainings, and events. c. Plan and facilitate family meetings and parent involvement activities/events for the purpose of providing family support and promoting student academic success for students with disabilities. d. Attend professional development activities designed to convey information required for the performance of job duties and responsibilities, including regional meetings and annual GaPMP conference
3. Assist others willingly in completing daily tasks/responsibilities. a. Offer and present improved alternatives to accomplish tasks as encouraged. b. Demonstrate willingness to assume additional responsibilities.
4. Act in a professional manner and build positive working relationships. a. Accept and implement suggestions for improvement in a positive and professional manner. b. Accept and adapt to new ideas. c. Show respect for authority. d. Demonstrate dependability and flexibility. e. Portray job interest and professional pride.
5. Maintain regular attendance and demonstrate punctuality.
6. Maintain a professional personal appearance. a. Arrive at work wearing designated uniform or workplace attire as appropriate, depending on requirements of position.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time. The employee is also required to talk, hear, stand, and walk. The employee may be required to use hands to touch, handle, feel, and/or reach. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.