NORTH LITTLE ROCK SCHOOL DISTRICT
Job Description for Secondary Keycode Teacher NLRMS 7/8 Department:
Instructional Job Status:
Full Time FLSA Status:
Exempt Reports To:
Secondary 7/8 Amount of Travel Required:
Minimal travel may be required if in conjunction with pre-approved professional development
190-day contract, Monday through Friday;POSITION SUMMARY
Instruct students in Keycode at the secondary level designated according to state licensure, certification, and subject matter specifically as assigned by the building Principal.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS Competency Statement(s)
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among the students
- for whom responsible. Follow district policy and building procedures associated with student management; consistently demonstrate proficient classroom management skills.
- Maintain a cooperative relationship with other staff members.
- Demonstrate a high individual rate attendance (goal being 95% or above annually) in order to maximize student learning.
- Follow all building procedures regarding attendance and punctuality keeping your Principal informed attimes.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate those objectives to
- Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by laws, district policies, and
- administrative regulations.
- Assign and grade class work and homework in a timely manner. Communicate student progress by
- posting to Edline as required by your building administrator.
- Enforce all NLRSD Board policies, administrative procedures, and rules governing students
- Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction using researched-based best
- Guide and counsel all students based on their academic interests and needs.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials, in order to prevent
- injuries and damage.
- Prepare for assigned classes, and show written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate
- Use technology to support instruction.
- Meet with parents and/or guardians to discuss their children's progress.
- Confer with parents or guardians, other teachers, counselors, and administrators in order to resolve and 504 Plans.
- students' behavioral and academic problems. Assist in the development and implementation of IEP's
- Prepare objectives and comprehensive lesson plans following curriculum maps and the
- Arkansas State Frameworks.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops in order to
- maintain and improve professional competence.
- Collaborate with other teachers and administrators in the development, evaluation, and revision of
- secondary school programs.
- Prepare reports on students and activities as required by the administration.
- Select, store, order, issue, and inventory classroom equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Administer standardized ability and achievement tests according to state requirements and interpret results to determine students' strengths and areas of need. Develop, implement, and update
- Academic Improvement Plans.
- Attend staff meetings and serve on committees as required.
- Perform supervisory duties as assigned in accordance with state statutes.
- Adhere to North Little Rock School District Policies, and the state-mandated "Educators' Code of Ethics."
- Follow all state and federal guidelines in association with IDEA and ADA to ensure that all students
- have access to a comprehensive education.
- Maintain a valid Arkansas Teacher's License with appropriate certification and Highly Qualified
- Teacher status (if applicable).
- Adhere to the Policies of the North Little Rock School District which are made available to employees as posted on the NLRSD website located online at www.nlrsd.org by accessing the "School Board" tab and opening the
- "Policies by North Little Rock School District Board of Education" folder, the opening the "Certified Personnel" link.
- Other duties as assigned by the principal.
- Accountability - accepts responsibility and account for his/her actions
- Accurate - performs work accurately and thoroughly
- Adaptability - adapts to change in the workplace
- Communication, Oral - communicates effectively with others using the spoken word
- Communication, Written - communicates in writing clearly and concisely
- Consensus Building - brings about group solidarity to achieve a goal
- Creative - thinks in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea
- Regular Attendance - reports to work regularly to maximize student progress
- Diversity-Oriented - works effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type
- Enthusiastic - brings energy to the performance of a task
- Ethical - demonstrates conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards
- Goal Oriented - focuses on a goal and obtains a pre-determined result
- Honesty / Integrity - truthful and seen as credible in the workplace
- Initiative - takes actions to solve problems or reach goals
- Innovative - looks beyond the standard solutions
- Interpersonal - gets along well with a variety of personalities and individuals
- Judgment - formulates sound decisions using the available information
- Loyal - demonstrates a trait of duty to students and to coworkers
- Management Skills - organizes and directs oneself, and a classroom, so as to effectively supervise students
- Motivation - inspires oneself, and students, to reach a goal and/or perform to the best of their ability
- Organized - possesses the trait of being organized so as to follow systematic methods of performing tasks
- Patience - acts calmly under stress and strain
- Positive attitude - optimistic, the team-first attitude displayed at all times
- Presentation Skills - effectively presents information to students, parents, and others
- Problem Solving - finds solutions for challenges, deals proactively with work-related problems
- Punctual - reports to work on time, report to class or other duties on time
- Reliability - dependable and trustworthy
- Responsible - accountable or answerable for one's conduct.
- Tactful - shows consideration for and maintains good relations with students, parents, and coworkers
- Team Building - convinces students, parents, and coworkers to work toward goals
Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree with a valid Arkansas Teacher's License with the appropriate certification, meeting Arkansas Department of Education standardsExperience
Experience preferred, but not requiredSKILLS & ABILITIES Computer Skills
Basic technology proficiency, with the ability to learn and implement district teacher technology to include grade reporting and parental communication technology (Grade Quick, Ed Line Programs) Certificates & Licenses
Valid Arkansas Teacher's License with the appropriate certification, in accordance with Arkansas Department of Education requirements. Other Requirements
Appreciation for diversity. Ability to pass required ASP/FBI/DHS background checks.PHYSICAL DEMANDS Physical Abilities Lift /Carry
Stand C (Constantly) 10 lbs or less F (Frequently)
Walk F (Frequently) 11-20 lbs F (Frequently)
Sit O (Occasionally) 21-50 lbs F (Frequently)
Handling / Fingering F (Frequently) 51-100 lbs N (Not Applicable)
Reach Outward F (Frequently) Over 100 lbs N (Not Applicable)
Reach Above Shoulder F (Frequently)
Climb O (Occasionally)
Crawl O (Occasionally)
Squat or Kneel O (Occasionally)
Bend O (Occasionally) Push / Pull
12 lbs or less F (Frequently)
13-25 lbs F (Frequently)
26-40 lbs O (Occasionally
41-100 lbs N (Not Applicable) N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation. O (Occasionally)
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day) F (Frequently)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day) C (Constantly)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance, Peripheral)
Sense of Sound (ability to converse with students and parents)
Sense of TouchWORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to loud, depending on the activities of the day. Duties are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors. The work environment is generally indoors in a school classroom. Large crowds and student assembly situations are encountered in this job. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned. The North Little Rock School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.