Facilities & Maintenance/ManagerDate Posted:
01/20/2023THE SCHOOL BOARD OF HIGHLANDS COUNTY
The minimum requirement of appropriate licensing required by the Florida Department of Business & Professional is being waved. POSITION TITLE: Managerial ASSIGNMENT: Manager of Construction & Building Inspection - Facilities MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
ADDITIONAL DESIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associate's degree or two years of college credit/equivalent from an accredited educational institution; or five years of satisfactory performance in the appropriate/relevant area of experience
- Appropriate licensing as required by the Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulations
- Valid Florida Commercial driver's license
- Physical Requirements: Ability to perform work requiring physical strength and endurance, to include lifting up to 50 pounds, bending, stooping, pulling, pushing, climbing, and crawling
- Satisfactory clearance of criminal history records check and drug screening
PRIMARY PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree in Building Construction, Architecture, or Engineering from an accredited educational institution preferred
- Supervisory experience in a maintenance and/or operations related organization
- Verification of training or experience in interpreting construction drawings and design specificationsLicensed Building Inspector or the ability to obtain license
- Licensed Building Inspector or the ability to obtain license.
- Assists architect when necessary to determine stages of completion or verifies receipt of materials by the School Board of Highlands County.
- Maintains files for each project.
- Reviews construction documents at the Board level for compliance with the Florida Building Code.
- Inspects the work during all construction phases.
- When observing what is believed to be a procedure incompatible with contractual documents, he or she shall immediately notify the contractor or contractor's superintendent and request a clarification from the project architect.
- The board shall provide for the inspection of each construction project, regardless of the cost of the project and construction fund source.
- Oversees the formation of bids and budgets for all capital projects.
- Initiates and maintains communication with all contractors associated with capital project work.
- Oversees the validity of invoicing for all capital projects.
Other duties as assigned by supervising administrator TERM:
Length of contract and number of hours worked are determined by specific allocation as approved annually during planning-budgeting process APPRAISAL:
Performance will be appraised annually in accordance with School Board Policy PAY GRADE:
According to the School Board of Highlands County Managerial Salary Schedule NON-DISCRIMINATION STATEMENT
Except as provided by law, The School Board of Highlands County shall not on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, political or religious beliefs, national or ethnic origin, or genetic information, exclude individuals from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity in any employment condition or practice, or be denied equal access to school facilities if the organization is The Boy Scouts of America or other patriotic youth groups.
Revised 1/7/2013; 3/2013
Revisions APA Approved 4/25/2013
APA Approved 7/28/2015
Modified 8/19/2021GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR ALL PERSONNEL:
All applicants for positions offered by the School Board of Highlands County will be evaluated for possession of the following personal qualities:
Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified applicants with disabilities during the application and interview process.
- Honesty, dependability, punctuality, accuracy, and diligence on the job
- Ability to relate well to fellow workers, parents, students, and the general public
- Habits of dress, grooming, and personal conduct suitable to the work site and school environment
- Willingness to use professional practices appropriate to public service and school settings
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately, orally and in writing
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral directions
- Ability to access, organize, and maintain information needed in the performance of specific work tasks
- Willingness to become totally familiar with and to comply with school district policies, procedures, rules, and functions
- Demonstrate sensitivity to cultural diversity and to district expectations governing equity, non-discrimination, and equal opportunity
- Willingness to complete in-service training needed to enhance and update job performance over a period of service
To request accommodations, please contact:
Carla Ball, Director of Human Resources
426 School Street
Sebring, FL 33870