- Master's degree in Educational Administration and/or Supervision from an accredited institution of higher learning, school leadership licensing program.
- Minimum 3 years successful experience as a teacher.
- Have demonstrated the leadership qualities and personal characteristics necessary for working effectively with students, teachers and parents.
- Ability to maintain a good working relationship with other employees.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Serve as principal of the school in absence of the principal.
- Assist the principal in developing and maintaining a program for the evaluation and improvement of instruction to ensure maximum educational benefits for improving students' academic progress including all special populations.
- Assist the principal in developing a functioning education philosophy consistent with the values of the community, teachers, school administration and school board.
- Assist the principal in developing through consensus with the staff expectations of appropriate treatment of students and monitor to ensure that those expectations are met.
- Communicate openly and effectively with students, parents, community patrons, staff and Division administration as a positive representative of Lancaster County Public Schools.
- Assist in the development of a comprehensive curriculum and program of services in cooperation with teachers and central office staff.
- Assist in the development of an atmosphere of respect, interest and enthusiasm within the school.
- Assist the principal in maintaining effective programs to strengthen and monitor pupil discipline, health, attendance and academic progress.
- Assist in the monitoring of the district procedures for reporting to parents, maintaining essential records and implementing follow-up procedures as needed.
- Assist the principal, as requested, in the selection, assignment, and supervision of certificated and classified personnel.
- Assist the principal, as requested in maintaining effective evaluation procedures according to district policy.
- Assist the principal as requested in maintaining school records and filing necessary reports.
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements of various governmental agencies.
- Assist the principal to maintain safe, clean, attractive and well-kept buildings and grounds.
- Attend meetings of the board as required.
- Maintain mastery of technology competencies.
- Other duties as assigned by the principal.
As per contract and board policies and regulations. EVALUATION:
Performance of this position will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.