Work. With Purpose
Spectrum, a growing, dynamic organization with a social mission to offer hope, is seeking an individual to join our family.
This individual will join an award-winning team and perform meaningful work in a culture that welcomes innovation, encourages creative expression and offers limitless potential for personal and professional satisfaction. If you thrive in a fast-paced, goal-oriented, outcome-driven environment, seek a career with a social mission, and possess a problem-solving mindset, a sense of humor - and a stellar work ethic - we should talk.
Teacher's Aides/Instructional Aides provide individualized supervision and instruction to assigned students and additional support to the core classroom staff. Work with student(s) to implement their Individualized Education Programs (IEP) utilizing group and individual instruction in the classroom and community. The duties include but are not limited to training students in the following domains: community, vocational, leisure, domestic, academic, and social skills.
- Implements curriculum (including all on-site and community-based instruction) and behavioral intervention strategies consistent with the letter and intent of the IEP/ITP (Individual Transition Plan)/PBIP (Positive Behavior Intervention Plan) to meet each student's goals and objectives.
- Performs job coaching duties as assigned, by assisting in the training of students, on campus or at community job sites in appropriate work behavior and specific employment skills.
- Completes accurate and timely documentation on student's behavior as outlined by school procedures; reports observations to relevant staff and makes recommendations based on observations.
- Assists in preparation of other behavioral reports and daily activities log as required. Maintains confidentiality of student information and records at all times.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and apply concepts of basic math. Working knowledge of computer software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- BA, AA w/60 college credits or HS Diploma or equivalent with passage of basic skills test.
- Comfortable driving and/or riding on the van with students before/after school.
Full Time Employees are Eligible for the Following Benefits:
Join the Spectrum Family! -
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits
- School hours and school holiday schedule
- Life insurance
- 401k with matching funds
- Employee discounts
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)