Position Type: Temporary/Miscellaneous/Adjunct Teacher - Temporary
Date Posted: 10/18/2022
Location: Gwinnett Online Campus
Job Code: Adjunct Teacher - Temporary - 004010 Standard Hours: 10 Department: Grades 6-12 - 101122 Empl Class: NA   License and Certification Qualifications: License and/or certification as appropriate to specific job may be required.
Education Qualifications: Educational requirements may vary depending on specific job performed.
Experience Qualifications: Knowledge in area of employment and/or related work experience required.
Skills Qualifications: Ability to follow tasks through to completion; willingness to learn and become skilled in area of employment; results-oriented with a strong ability to relate to customers; ability to read and comprehend written instructions; ability to follow oral instructions; ability to work as part of a team; flexibility and adaptability to change; ability to represent Gwinnett County Public Schools in a positive and professional manner; and ability to demonstrate accountability for actions and decisions.
Primary Responsibilities: Perform tasks and responsibilities related to functions of specific job assignment and to perform additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
1. Perform designated job duties. a. Perform tasks as assigned and/or in accordance with an assigned work schedule. b. Understand all phases of job assignment. c. Demonstrate quality work performance and demonstrate an interest to improve job skills. d. Attend job-related classes, workshops, in-service, and staff meetings as needed or required.
2. Assist others willingly in completing daily tasks/responsibilities. a. Offer and present improved alternatives to accomplish tasks as encouraged. b. Demonstrate willingness to assume additional responsibilities.
3. Act in a professional manner and build positive working relationships. a. Accept and implement suggestions for improvement in a positive and professional manner. b. Accept and adapt to new ideas. c. Show respect for authority. d. Demonstrate dependability and flexibility. e. Portray job interest and professional pride.
4. Maintain regular attendance and demonstrate punctuality.
5. Maintain a professional personal appearance. a. Arrive at work wearing designated uniform or workplace attire as appropriate, depending on requirements of position.
6. Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time. The employee is also required to talk, hear, stand, and walk. The employee may be required to use hands to touch, handle, feel, and/or reach. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.