External Employees: Temporary Position. Must work at least 30 working days to be eligible for hire.FUNCTIONAL PURPOSE
The purpose of this position is to provide instructional support and assistance to students served by Exceptional Children services through the direction and guidance of certified Exceptional Children educations.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Execute lesson plans written according to IEP goals and state learning objectives, seeking clarification as needed.
• Provide instructional support to students in small group and one on one settings.
• Assist in adapting instructional strategies and materials as directed.
• Implement behavior plans and use prescribed strategies to respond to the individual's behavior.
• Monitor student movement in instructional settings such as hallways, cafeterias, bus loading zones, etc. As required ride school bus to and from with the assigned student(s).
• Collect and record data and monitor progress as directed.
• Provide personal care assistance including feeding, bathroom needs, and personal hygiene.
• Provide information to teachers regarding student daily work and behaviors
• Administer tests according to their Individualized Education Plan accommodations as provided by licensed teacher.
• Support children within the classroom on the appropriate behavior in and out the classroom.
• Collaborate with teachers daily to address any instructional strategies.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to communicate clearly in written and electronic formats; as well as; in-person.
• Ability to use a computer or other electronic devices for the purpose of communication, instruction, data recording, and location of information.
• Ability to collaborate with district staff to identify and solve problems.
• Ability to demonstrate patience and compassion when dealing with students and/or parents and their personal and educational needs.
• Skill in identifying student learning and personal needs and collaborating with supervising teacher to provide needed resources or interventions.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:Minimum:
- Completion of an Associate's Degree or 48 college credit hours
If you do not meet the above requirements at this time, you may be eligible for an alternative pathway to becoming a Teacher Assistant in which you have one year to complete both the following requirements:
- Pass the Work Keys-three assessments needed: Reading (4), Mathematics (4), Writing (3)
- Complete 96 hours of in-service training/professional development with WS/FCS
Associate's Degree with a concentration in Education PLUS two years working with elementary age children.Pay Grade 56 Full-Time 10 Months Minimum Monthly Salary $2,479
PHYSICAL WORK DEMANDS: PHYSICAL ACTIVITY FREQUENCY C - Constant F - Frequent O - Occasional I - Infrequent NR - Not RequiredPHYSICAL ACTIVITY FREQUENCY C - Constant F - Frequent O - Occasional I - Infrequent NR - Not Required
F up to 30 lbs.
F requires driving car between sites
In compliance with Federal Law, Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools administers all education programs, employment activities and admissions without discrimination against any person on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, or disability.When applying, please make sure to include all prior experience in your application.Please provide at least two references. One must be the current or most recent supervisor and the other a previous supervisor.