WHITTIER ECE-8 SCHOOL
Innovation 186 work days per year @ location 289 - DCTA
Salary Range: http://careers.dpsk12.org/teachercomp/compensation-your-first-year/ Essential Functions and Objectives:
- The Middle School Counselor promotes and enhances the learning process for students through an integration of academic, personal/social, and career development.
- Contributes to and/or manages the School Counseling Program using the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) National Model.
- Delivers counseling services through classroom guidance lessons, small groups, and individual counseling.
- Analyzes data and uses results to inform stakeholders and continuously improve programs.
- Prepares all students to have a four-year plan for high school, a career cluster focus, and an understanding of post-secondary options.
- Assists with transitions, particularly 5th to 6th and 8th to 9th grade. Knowledge, Experience, & Other Qualifications:
- Must possess a valid Colorado Department of Education Special Service Provider License - School Counselor.
- Previous Middle School counseling experience preferred. Skill Requirements:
- Counselor - Master's Degree
- Counselor - Endorsement Credential Requirements:
- Special Service Initial License
- Special Service Professional License Education Requirements:
- Master's degree in school counseling, psychology or related field. Additional Information:
- Work Year Calendars (including accrued time off): http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/1129
- Benefits (including DPS contributions): http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/1397
- Compensation Structures: http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/244
- Employee must live and work with a permanent home address in Colorado while working for Denver Public Schools
. About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org
. Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.