Special Education Department/Special Education SupervisorDate Posted:
Administration Center - Allentown, PA Special Education Supervisor
Salary Range: $90,575 - $126,805 Qualification Requirements Education and/or Experience:
1. + years teaching experience in special education
2. Documented academic success of students receiving special education services
3. Strong leadership skills
4. Ability to work effectively on a multidisciplinary team
5. Strong knowledge of intervention strategies
6. Strong command of Pennsylvania academic standards
7. Detail-oriented and highly organized with strong analytical writing skills.
8. Expert knowledge of IDEA and Pennsylvania special education regulations
9. Excels in problem solving and has a strong desire to provide only the highest quality services
10. Explicit and relentless focus on outcomes
11. Results-oriented individual - a flexible thinker willing to do "whatever it takes Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
1. PA Special Education K-12 required
2. PA Supervisor of Special Education required or currently enrolled in program leading to certification or K-12 Principal
3. Masters or Education Specialist degree in Educational Leadership, Special Education, School Psychology or related field or currently enrolled in program
4. ESL preferred but not required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Summary
The Special Education Supervisor ensures that all special education students, across all schools, produce breakthrough academic results. The Special Education Supervisor holds primary responsibility for the development, implementation, and assessment of all specialized services including special education, academic and social-emotional interventions, counseling, and other related services for all assigned schools within the Allentown School District. The Special Education Supervisor provides leadership to school-based staff and brings expertise in professional development in areas related to special education. The Special Education Supervisor ensures that the IEP needs of all special education students are met with robust and rigorous strategies. Essential Functions:
1. Serve as a driving force of student achievement for students receiving special education services.
2. Oversee and evaluate special education facilitator, teachers and staff. Manage building level and parent questions/concerns regarding special education.
3. Develop progress monitoring systems for interventions, counseling, ESOL and special education programs.
4. Collaborate with ESOL department to develop interventions and supports for ESOL student's with IEP's.
5. Develop procedures, forms, and templates for the provision of all special education services.
6. Oversee and provide ongoing professional training and coaching to special education facilitators, teachers and school administrators.
7. Assist in making recommendation for the selection of special education teachers, related services providers for school psychology, speech and language therapy, and other services.
8. Ensure that Allentown School District is in full compliance with state and federal special education laws.
9. Ensure that student records and documentation for special education issues are accurate, timely, and meaningful.
10. Assists in developing the special education budget and implementing expenditure controls for special education programs.
11. Oversee communications with school-based administrators and teachers to approve supplies, materials, texts, etc. utilized in special education programs.
12. Assumes personal responsibility for professional growth and development by keeping current with the literature, new research findings, and instructional techniques and attending appropriate professional meetings and conventions.
13. Exhibits a "no excuses" mindset in procuring supports and services for students in need.
14. Any other duties commensurate with the duties/responsibilities/grade of the post as assigned by Director of Special Education.
For more information on this position, please read the full description document.