Middle School Teaching/EnglishDate Posted:
South Mountain Middle School Staff Instructional Coach - Literacy
Salary: $49,295 - $65,709 Qualifications:
- An appropriate valid and current Pennsylvania Instructional II Certificate.
- Master's Degree with 5 years successful urban teaching experience preferred, but not required.
- Extensive knowledge of best and emerging practices of effective instruction.
- Extensive knowledge of content and methodology for teaching mathematics & ELA preferred, but not required.
- Experience working with targeted subgroups (including but not limited to students with IEPs, ELs, historically marginalized populations) preferred, but not required.
- Evidence of ability to deliver effective Tier I instruction
- Experience using assessment results to plan effective instruction.
- Knowledge of successful techniques for classroom organization & management.
- Ability to share proven instructional approaches with teachers and administrators and interpersonal skills to provide suggestions and coaching.
- Strong organizational skills, strategic planning skills and efficiency in meeting deadlines
- Excellent communication skills.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board or Superintendent may determine.
The Instructional Coach will support teachers in the implementation of research-based instructional strategies. The Coach will work directly with teachers in schools to provide classroom demonstrations. He/she will provide collaborative and one-on-one instructional coaching and will facilitate teacher inquiry and related professional development. The Coach will work with administrators and teachers to align their work with district priorities. He/she will lead data sessions that look at both formative and summative assessment results and suggest and monitor intervention strategies for students. The Coach will focus on enhancing teachers' abilities to provide instruction that builds students' engagement and ownership of their learning. In addition, as a member of a professional coaching community, the Instructional Coach will participate in professional development and inquiry into his or her own practice. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Model research-based instructional approaches and collaborate with the teacher to determine those approaches that best meet all the students' needs (including but not limited to students with IEPs, ELs, historically marginalized populations)
- Observe the teacher as he/she implements changes in instructional approaches and provide ongoing feedback to the teacher.
- Provide ongoing professional development to teachers.
- Assist with systemic design and implementation of improvement to Tier I instruction
- Provide support to teachers through collaborative analysis of student work as well as formal and informal assessments.
- Assist teachers with integrating appropriate strategies/manipulatives/technology into their content instruction.
- Collaborate at the building and district level with curriculum writing and resource adoption.
- Set goals with teachers to guide work, target root causes and monitor progress towards goals.
- Maintain a focus on equity and inclusion by recognizing and interrupting inequitable outcomes; examining structural barriers and biases; and cultivating inclusion.
- Build strong connections and trusting relationships with faculty, staff & administration.
- Support the administrator and leadership team in the creation of the school's school improvement plan with specific, measurable and attainable benchmarks for teacher and student performance.
- Collaborate, plan and communicate with the principal & SOIs on a regular basis.
- Participate fully in professional development for coaches.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Share in our community! Grow with our students! Join our district today and be a part of our future!
The Allentown School District is committed to excellence! The richness of The Allentown School District's diversity is strengthened by its central role in educating our students for America's future through academic excellence and celebrating the culturally responsive, athletic and artistic range of talent in the schools. ASD students originate from 51 countries and speak 26 languages.
The Allentown School District offers a comprehensive benefits package to those who qualify.
This may include*
o Medical Insurance
o Dental Insurance
o Vision Reimbursement
o Tuition Reimbursement
o Personal and Sick time
o PSERS Retirement Fund
*Eligibility for specific benefits will be outlined in each labor group's specific collective bargaining agreement.
For more information on this position, please read the full description document.