Facilities/Maintenance/Custodial/Project Manager - FacilitiesDate Posted:
September/20222022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR
FACILITIES PROJECT MANAGER
CENTRAL OFFICE Job Duties:
- Under the supervision of the Director of Facilities & Maintenance, perform work in the category of: project management, analyzing of plans & specifications, generate requests for proposals (RFP), bid review, plan takeoff, dialog directly with architects, MEP and consultants concerning various projects needed throughout various district schools.
- Attend job meetings and make visits to job sites when work is being performed.
- Engage in other projects and tasks as assigned by Director, Facilities & Maintenance.
- Skillset in specified project management is a prime factor. Skills in custodial, mechanical, electrical & plumbing is a requirement.
- Additional skills: Aid Maintenance Department and Maintenance & Custodial Manager in administering service requests including, but not limited to carpentry, plumbing, electrical painting, delivery of supplies, furniture and equipment, and various projects at district schools.
- Reliable vehicle is required to travel throughout school district on a daily basis. Valid motor vehicle operator's license also required.
- High school, trade school, apprenticeship, five years satisfactory work experience as Project Manager.
- Applicants must provide references and acceptable evidence that they have performed satisfactorily in the field of their experience.
- Applicants to demonstrate capability to read blue prints, estimating small jobs and "taking off" materials from drawings required for various projects at district schools.
- Ability to work well with people, carry out instructions by Director of Facilities & Maintenance and Maintenance & Custodial Manager and perform in a team oriented environment.
- Ability to make good use of time concerning all work task planning work so as not to delay progress of work.
- 8:00am - 4:00pm, M-F. After hours work required and attendance at evening meetings may be needed.
Based on experience Apply at www.norwalkpublicschools.org Click "Employment" NORWALK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of the Norwalk Board of Education to ensure equal educational opportunity for all students and to prohibit unlawful discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, age, marital status, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or physical and mental disability in the school district's educational program and activities; and to prohibit unlawful discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, creed, age, marital status, national origin, gender; gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or physical and mental disability.