The State College Area School District seeks a dynamic, energetic leader who is mission driven and has a record of proven results and responsibilities to serve as the Assistant Business Administrator. This full-time, twelve-month administrative position reports to the Finance and Operations Officer and is charged with overseeing the accounting function including: payment of bills and management of cash balances and investments, auditing, grant reporting, financial reporting, assisting in leading budget preparation, and other business office functions of the district. The position will supervise accounting, purchasing, payroll and the printing and food services directors. In addition, the Director is responsible for providing leadership and recommendations to senior administration on the development of district long-range strategic plans; developing, communicating and maintaining a long-term vision for financial plans; and ensuring compliance with all applicable state and federal laws.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- A commitment to a robust and multi-faceted educational setting and to our mission, recognizing equity and inclusivity as the foundations to prepare each student for lifelong success.
- The ability to be a strong problem solver, viewing challenges and problems as opportunities for growth and transformation.
- Compassion, integrity, and open-mindedness in all interactions.
- Collegiality, approachability, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Consistently strong, respectful, and gracious interpersonal and communication skills.
- An ability to partner and collaborate with all community members.
- The ability to give direction, provide follow-up, give feedback and ensure accountability on completed tasks.
- Experience in writing contracts and bidding specifications.
A Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or a related field is required; an advanced degree is preferred. Analytical, organization, collaborative, and coaching skills are critical to success in this position.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Interested candidates having a desire to engage with a community that values education and a staff that believes in academic growth and success for all students through high quality learning experiences should provide a cover letter and resume. Credentials will be reviewed beginning October 15, 2022.
SCASD strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply.Primary Location:
Panorama Village Administrative Center Salary Range:
Per Year Shift Type: