Dean of Students/DisciplinarianReports to:
Local Admin, Head of Culture and Climate, Network TeamQualifications
- Pennsylvania Certification
- Positive interpersonal skills
- Successfully demonstrated leadership and organizational ability
- Demonstrated ability to resolve discipline problems
- Related work experience with students
- Ability to facilitate communication between administration, staff, students, parents and the public
Oversee the general building atmosphere throughout the school day, including but not limited to, corridor traffic, lavatories, and handling of any class or building emergencies that may arise to provide a conducive learning environment.Responsibilities
Terms of Employment:
- Issuing consequences as outlined in the Code of Conduct.
- Conferencing with parents in reference to behavioral infractions.
- Meet with students to review the Code of Conduct outlined in the Student Handbook.
- Staff development (for all staff members) in reference to procedures relating to classroom management and discipline policies and procedures.
- Assist in the supervision of students in the cafeteria.
- Coordinates the end of the day dismissal procedures including bus loading and departure, out of county transportation and parent vehicles.
- Complete the Weapons and Violence Report and other related reports.
- Must supervise Saturday Day School, if necessary.
- Constant review of policies to consider for revision. Recommendations should be made to the administrators and Board members.
- Forming partnerships with the community to foster positive behaviors and attitudes.
Twelve (12) months.Evaluation:
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of state law, administrative code, and the Board policy on evaluation.MaST Schools
is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.