Executive Director – Ph.D / Ed.D– Special Ed School
Full Time - East Setauket, Long Island
Since 1988, Alternatives for Children, a well-respected not-for-profit private organization has been providing quality programs and therapeutic services for very young children with special needs. AFC operates four sites across Long Island, NY with a $20+M operating budget and over 300 employees
We are seeking an Executive Director to join the organization. The successful incumbent will be a dynamic leader with special education experience who can lead the organization forward while preserving its longstanding core values.
Key Responsibilities Include:
· Oversight for all financial, administrative, perform day-to-day operation responsibilities of the organization.
· Strategic and financial planning, human resources oversight, facilities management; quality assurance and compliance with Federal, State, and local laws/regulations.
· Understand the philosophy of AFC, continue to expand its vision while concurrently understand the details of running the day-to-day operations.
· Work cooperatively with the Board of Trustees, senior management, and staff.
· Create engagement between stakeholders (State of local agencies, school districts, parents).
· Develop/adhere to annual budget while ensuring fiscal integrity, and fiscal viability.
· Possess experience in Human Resources management, which values its employees.
· Assure compliance regulations/requirements and administer with quality of care.
· Showcase programs using marketing to assure the organization remains the provider of choice.
· Ph.D/Ed.D Educational Leadership preferred.
· 10-15 years of leadership experience in a special education setting, Not-for-profit experience preferred.
· High Standard of demonstrated excellence and professionalism.
· Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
· High-level of Integrity, strong work ethic, self-starter.
· Strong financial acumen.
· Proven record of leadership skills and implementing thoughtful change.
· Effective team building and supervisory skills.
· Demonstrated knowledge of Federal, State, and local education law.
· Knowledge of and compassion for children with special needs and their families.
· Experience in fundraising and development to raise dollars for the organization’s unfunded/underfunded programs and future goals.
Competitive benefits including medical/dental and pension plan. This is a great opportunity to work in a positive, rewarding environment! For immediate consideration, please email resume to dr.ficano@ alternativesforchildren.org.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.