Located in Gary, IN, Aspire Academy has ranked #14 for charter middle schools in the state and #11 for charter elementary schools in the state by the US News and World Report. Aspire was recognized in 2021 as a school of Academic Excellence and is the only National Heritage Academies partner school with a Visual and Performing Arts program. Opening our doors in 2008 and serving students K-8, we create endless opportunities for our students to become their best. We inspire our students to excel academically and think creatively to reach their full potential. Our dedicated teachers help students apply critical-thinking skills to solve real-world problems. We build kids of character through our moral focus program. As a result, students are prepared to tackle 21st century challenges and excel in high school, college, and beyond.
For more information on Aspire Charter Academy click http://www.aspirecharteracademy.org.
- You can make a difference by directly impacting the life of a student.
- You will receive regular coaching and development opportunities to grow your skills and career.
- You will have access to resources, including support from our credentialing team, special education team, and the school leadership team.
- Benefit eligibility dependent on full or part-time status: medical, dental, vison, company-matched retirement plan and tuition reimbursement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide group and individual counseling sessions and classroom support to general and special education students.
- Deliver crisis response and intervention services to students, families and staff.
- Offer prevention and intervention strategies related to learning and behavioral problems of students.
- Collaborate with teachers, parents, and other school personnel to resolve students' learning and behavioral problems.
- Identify educational and behavioral interventions with recommended referrals through community resources.
- Must hold a valid school counselor license issued in the state you are applying.
COMPANY INFORMATION :
National Heritage Academies (NHA) partners with communities to build and operate public charter schools. Founded in 1995, today NHA has over 100 schools in nine states, serving more than 60,000 students in kindergarten through 12th grade. Our schools are designed to eliminate the achievement gap and provide school choice to families so their children are prepared for success in college, career, and life. In fact, a majority of our schools consistently outperform their local district on the state test. According to the Center for Research Outcomes at Stanford University, NHA is a leading performer among charter schools and management organizations, outperforming both conventional district schools and other charter school operators. In addition, according to our employee survey, over 90% of respondents agree that the work they do is meaningful to them. Join us. Together we impact a life.
To learn more about our core values, please click here.
National Heritage Academies is an equal opportunity employer.