Operations/Custodial/CLAS - 7622 - GROUNDS SUPERVISORDate Posted:
PHYSICAL PLANT OPERATIONSDate Available:
22/23 School Year Closing Date:
Train, assign, coordinate and supervise grounds maintenance crews and personnel; review work on school grounds; oversee performance of skilled grounds maintenance work.Job Summary:
- Plan, assign and review work activities of assigned grounds maintenance crews and personnel; train grounds maintenance personnel in proper techniques and procedures in the use of tools, equipment and chemical applications.
- Organize spraying, mowing, pruning; inspect work in progress and upon completion for quality, accuracy and timeliness; supervise and evaluate assigned personnel; provide feedback and discipline as needed.
- Oversee operation of power equipment; verify equipment is in safe and proper operating condition; assist in completing grounds maintenance work as needed.
- Assist in reviewing work order requests and recommend proper methods, tools, equipment and personnel for completing jobs.
- Supervise crews and oversee skilled work in planting, fertilizing, pruning, spraying and maintaining shrubs, trees and landscaped areas; coordinate and participate in pesticide applications, planting and fertilizing activities.
- Oversee snow removal operations, salt, pumice and other applications on district property.
- Advise irrigation personnel in planning, installing and repairing automatic sprinkler systems.
- Prepare and maintain a variety of records related to personnel, time records, work orders, equipment operation and repair, sprinkler timers and site inspections.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular attendance.
- Methods, materials, procedures, techniques, tools and equipment used in various grounds maintenance activities including mowing, edging, trimming, and weed and pest control.
- Plants, trees and ground cover materials.
- Principles and practices of supervision and training.
- Health and safety regulations related power equipment and toxic chemical applications.
- Operation of a forklift and other assigned equipment.
- Record-keeping techniques.
- Organize, coordinate, assign, inspect, supervise and evaluate activities of multiple work crews.
- Supervise the work of others and recommend work methods
- Perform skilled grounds maintenance and repair work.
- Maintain and repair sprinklers and watering systems.
- Explain safe work practices, methods and procedures.
- Operate and demonstrate the use of equipment and power and hand tools.
- Communicate effectively with others.
- Observe legal and defensive driving practices.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. Certificate
- Four years of grounds maintenance work including at least one year in a supervisor/manager capacity preferred.
- Valid Kentucky Commercial Driver's License (Class B).
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching.
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull heavy weights, up to 75 pounds
- Requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes and gases.
Apply online Contact Person: Killian Timoney (firstname.lastname@example.org)