Vacancy POSTING Special Education Teacher Falmouth Hgh School Connect Program 2022-2023 QUALIFICATIONS:
- Massachusetts licensure Moderate Disabilities
- SEI endorsement prefered
- Master's degree with an emphasis in Special Education preferred.
- Demonstrated experience as a teacher of children with disabilities.
- Experience with the use of specialized teaching techniques used with special education students.
- Such other alternatives as the Superintendent of Schools may deem acceptable and appropriate.
- Responsible for the daily educational programs for children as prescribed in the Individual Educational Plan (IEP).
- Be responsible for the diagnostic/prescriptive programming for students with social/emotional learning needs.
- Work with itinerant staff, other special needs personnel, general education teachers, and administrators in developing viable programs for special education students.
- Work as part of the school-based evaluation Team to assess students with suspected areas of disability.
- Work in concert with TEAM members to develop and write an IEP.
- Work with building staff to integrate students into general education classrooms and programs.
- Complete daily/weekly/monthly data sheets, evaluation reports, progress reports, IEPs, assessments, and other data required by local, state and federal mandates.
- Be responsible for ongoing diagnostic/prescriptive programming for children in consultation with itinerant specialists and other consultants.
- Assist classroom teachers, special subject staff, administrators and other building personnel in the implementation of accommodations and modifications for inclusionary practices.
- Supervise the work of the Teacher Assistant both in special and general education settings.
- Continue to grow in the position through attendance at meetings, conferences, seminars, through readings in professional literature, and through enrollment in college or university courses.
- Such other responsibilities as may from time to time be assigned by the Principal, Vice Principal and/or Special Education Building Administrator.
In accordance with FEA contract.APPLICATION:
Internal Applicants please apply until filled to:
Falmouth Public Schools
#FHS Special Ed-Connect-23-2 Lori Duerr, Ed.D, Superintendent of SchoolsPosting Start Date: 8/29/2022E.O.E.
The School Committee affirms a policy which guarantees equal employment opportunity in the recruitment, application, selection, compensation, retention, transfer, promotion, benefits, work assignment and career progression process without discrimination for reasons of individual's race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, ancestry, citizenship, military status, sexual orientation, disability or genetic information.