Secretarial/Clerical/CLAS - 7777 - SCHOOL ADMIN ASST II - ELEMDate Posted:
MAXWELL ELEMENTARYDate Available:
22/23 School Year Closing Date:
until filled Description:
Perform a wide variety of clerical and secretarial duties to organize, coordinate and schedule school office activities; assist the Principal of an elementary school in routine administrative tasks; perform public relations and coordinate communications between administrators, District and site personnel, parents, students and the general public; train and provide work direction to clerical personnel as assigned. Job Summary:
- Organize, coordinate and schedule a variety of office activities to assist the Principal of an elementary school with administrative tasks; prepare and accurately maintain a variety of reports, records and files relating to students, staff, budgets, operations and activities.
- Serve as secretary to the Principal; compose routine correspondence independently; prepare type and distribute communications and minutes of meetings; schedule appointments and meetings as requested; receive, open and route mail.
- Train and provide work direction to clerical personnel and student workers as assigned; monitor workflow and adjust duties to complete assignments in a timely manner as assigned.
- Provide information concerning school policies, procedures, actions, activities and schedules as appropriate; maintain school calendar and serve as a coordinator of events.
- Perform complex and advanced-level clerical accounting duties in support of the assigned schools programs and services; process or prepare more complex or technical financial accounting documents, including payments, reports and special projects.
- Respond to questions or complaints from vendors or District administrators regarding issues related to payments, balances, charges, inventories and other information; answer phones.
- Produce a variety of periodic and annual financial statements, reports, reimbursements and claims; maintain journals and ledgers, charging proper accounts.
- Maintain records of revolving cash funds and petty cash funds use; issue checks as required to reimburse accounts; balance and reconcile accounts, verifying proper and authorized use of designated funds.
- Collect, compile, organize and record a variety of data related to attendance, enrollment, personnel, payroll, equipment inventory and student activities; prepare and maintain related records, files and logs.
- Collect and account for money collected in conjunction with school activities; secure money and process according to established procedures.
- Administer first aid to ill and injured students; contact the nurse, parents or public safety agencies as appropriate.
- Register, release or transfer students; complete enrollment information.
- Operate a variety of business equipment including typewriter, calculator, copiers, computer equipment and other school office machines.
- Requisition, receive, store and distribute supplies and office materials; maintain materials and equipment inventory as assigned.
- Provide clerical assistance to faculty and staff as needed.
- Orient new and substitute teachers; provide directions, keys and instructional materials.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular attendance.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. Certificate and two years of increasingly responsible clerical and secretarial experience involving frequent contact with the public.
- Must take all required clerical assessments and earn a passing score.
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Record-keeping techniques.
- Health and safety regulations.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Telephone techniques and etiquette.
- Basic first aid techniques.
- Operation of standard office machines including computer equipment.
Working Conditions: Application Procedure:
- Perform a wide variety of clerical and secretarial duties to coordinate school office activities and assist
- Perform public relations and communications services for the Principal.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide quickly and accurately.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Compose correspondence independently.
- Complete work with many interruptions.
- Type at an acceptable rate of speed.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Learn, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Operate a variety of office machines including typewriter, computer terminal, calculator and copiers.
- Understand and work within scope of authority.
- Maintain good public relations with students, parents, teachers and the public.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Plan and organize work.
- Train and provide work direction to others.
- Compile and maintain accurate records and prepare reports.
- Work confidentially with discretion.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Administer first aid to ill or injured students.
Apply online Contact Person: Matthew Spottswood (firstname.lastname@example.org)MUST TAKE AND PASS A BOOKKEEPER, WORD AND EXCEL ASSESSMENT WITH A 75% OR HIGHER. CLERICAL ASSESSMENTS WILL BE SCHEDULED VIRTUALLY VIA OUR TESTING PLATFORM.