Deputy Superintendent for Instructional Services PAY GRADE:
Copperas Cove Junior High School DATE:
June 2018PRIMARY PURPOSE:
To design and implement a wide variety of activities that promote a teaching staff that is highly qualified and able to help all students achieve challenging academic achievement standards. To work cooperatively with district personnel so that a consistently high standard is implemented and maintained in the area of advanced academic programs.QUALIFICATIONS:
Master's degree, preferred (experience may replace advanced degree)
Five years or more experience as a classroom teacher
Valid Texas Teaching Certificate
Experience in teaching multiple (6-12) grade levels and content areas
Experience in facilitating professional development, preferred
Such alternatives to the above as the Board may find appropriate and acceptableESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES including the following as well as other duties that may be assigned.
- Provides professional development that improves the knowledge of teachers, campus leadership and paraprofessionals in content knowledge and instructional practices that are scientifically based and aligned with district philosophy.
- Develops and implements initiatives to promote retention of highly qualified teachers and campus leadership, including programs that provide teacher induction and mentoring.
- Provides content expertise to collaborative groups of teachers and administrators.
- Provides professional development support designed to improve the quality of educational leaders including the development and support of leadership academies.
- Assists in the implementation of teacher advancement initiatives that promote professional growth and emphasize multiple career paths, such as paths to becoming a mentor teacher, lead teacher, or master teacher.
- Coordinates the collaborative development and revision of curricula.
- Utilizes content area and specialization skills to provide instructional leadership in curriculum planning.
- Provides coaching and mentoring support. Participates in staff planning/PLC sessions.
- Assists in the selection, organization, and distribution of instructional materials.
- Provides instructional leadership in the textbook adoption process by assisting in the organization of textbook task forces and the planning of textbook hearings.
- Provides supplemental academic support for the following K-12 programs as directed: Gifted and Talented Program, Advanced Placement, Dual Credit, ESL, RtI, Interventions, 504, and Special Populations.
- Assist with budget planning and maintenance.
- Conducts annual program evaluations.
- Oversees data collection and reporting of student/program information. Train and assist teachers in using data and assessments to improve classroom practice and student learning.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
NoneWORKING CONDITIONS:Mental Demands:
Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written); interpret policy, procedures, and data; direct district functions; and maintain emotional control under stress.Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Frequent districtwide and occasional state and out of state travel; occasional prolonged and irregular hours. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
The working conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Copperas Cove Independent School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or any other basis prohibited by law in its programs, activities, or employment practices. For inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies, contact: Director of Human Resources or Director of Student Services at (254) 547-1227, 703 W. Ave D, Copperas Cove, TX 76522.