PURPOSE OF JOB: Provided leadership for the school's entire athletic basketball program through the ongoing development, implementation and improvement of specific sport coached.Assist in implementing athletic standards as outlined in the MSHSAA Handbook and attend allMSHSAA required sessions;Assist in the coordination of the program;Assist in the supervision of students at practices and contests;Help provide information for transportation, facilities, officials and game management;Help organize and schedule practice sessions on a regular basis with the objective of developing the student-athlete's greatest potential;Emphasize safety precautions and be aware of the best training and injury management procedures;Conduct team and self in an ethical manner during practices and contests, always exemplifying the highest standards of sportsmanship;Assist in getting the systematic return of all school equipment in accordance with the KCPS Athletic Department Handbook;Continue professional growth through clinics and professional publications;Must successfully complete the MSHSAA/NFHS Coaching Principles Course and Sports First Aid Courses;Must fulfill 8 contact hours of professional development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assists the head coach with instructing students in the rules, regulations, equipment, and
techniques of the sport.
District level mtgs -4hrs;School level mtgs - 3hrs;Outside mtgs/Clinics -1hr
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Student-Athletes and Assistant wrestling coaches
1. Must possess a four-year college degree and be contracted by the KCPS Board of Education for the school year as a full or part time teacher or 1-3 years of coaching experience.
2. Knowledge of particular sport (philosophy & coaching)
3. Must successfully complete the MSHSAA/NFHS Coaching Principles Course and Sports First Aid Courses.
4. A strong commitment to the student-athlete concept and working knowledge of all collegiate eligibility center regulations.
Employed as a teacher or administrator in the school in which the candidate applies for a coaching position;
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job requires that the employee be able to:
Sit, stand, walk, speak, hear, use hands, fingers, reach with hands and fingers; bend, stoop, and lift objects of at least 25 pounds.