The Collaborative for Educational Services (CES) anticipates an opening for a Teaching Coordinator to work at a Department of Youth Services facility in the Central Region (Grafton, MA). All HS core content areas considered (ELA, Math, History, Science). CES promotes an environment which supports innovation, creativity and vision, inclusiveness, equity and diversity and collaboration with others. Creating a community of care is a foundational to the work we do... together ! We hope that you will join us in this work!
This is a union contract position; salary is based on union scale which includes paid personal and sick time. Teaching Coordinators are part of the teachers' state retirement system (MTRS) or the State Retirement System.Who We Are:
Dedicated and collaborative teams of educators committed to supporting teaching excellence thru coaching, professional development and excellent administrative support. CES prides itself on providing robust and engaging learning opportunities to all staff.We value:
Professionalism, positive youth development, and culturally responsive teaching. Social Justice and Equity
work is central to our mission, especially in these times. We understand that all forms of oppression are damaging. We engage in this work pro-actively and purposefully, with the intent of positive outcomes, and because we need to. This is you:
Highlights of What You Will Do:
- You are innovative, creative and collaborative; and you hold secondary level teaching certification in math.
- You have supervisory experience.
- You have a passion for teaching, especially youth who have been placed at risk.
- You are interested in the opportunity to teach small classes which are personalized that focus on academic and behavioral success.
- You value professionalism, positive youth development, and culturally responsive teaching.
- You love to learn! You strive to understand emerging trends in education, seek to thoughtfully employ best practices, support diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI).
- You recognize that addressing societal oppression and inequities requires ongoing education and a commitment to allyship.
- Assist the Regional Education Coordinator and Assistant Regional Education Coordinator with coordinating on-site educational services.
- Provide educational leadership and direct educational instruction to youth assigned to the Department of Youth Services.
- Coordinate educational programming activities as directed and ensure compliance of programming with DYS education requirements.
- Support the development and implementation of multiple pathways of learning
- Directly supervise teachers and other educational staff assigned to program and support their professional growth
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.