Student Support Services/Guidance CounselorDate Posted:
Elizabeth High SchoolDate Available:
Open Until Filled Elizabeth High School Academic Advisor $35,000 - $40,000 annual salary plus a $3,000 hard to fill position stipend.
We offer an attractive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life insurance and paid time off as well as a retirement plan through PERA.
The academic advisor assists the counselors and counseling office at Elizabeth High School. This position is a one year position that will be reviewed periodically throughout the school year, up to as often as 30 day check-ins. The following will be the primary job responsibilities for the Academic Advisor position.
- ASVAB test for the Colorado High School' graduation requirement.
- Work with USMC Representative to get test scheduled
- Work with counselors to review results
- CMAS Testing Coordinator
- Work with school testing coordinator
- AP Coordinator
- Work with AP teachers on AP Testing
- Updating graduation requirement spreadsheet as needed for CDE
- Student grade checks for struggling students
- As assigned by counselors or after failing grade report is run
- Running a failing grade report once a week
- Meet with students on the failing grade report as determine necessary
- Assist counseling office with Suicide Risk Assessments after Counselors and Administrators start the process
- Planner checks for students that require them from counselors or administrators outside of the IEP process
- Communicate with students following the student communication guidelines appointed by counselors Assist the counselors with the following responsibilities.
- Class Registration
- Course Description Guide
Requires a Bachelor's degree in a related field.