STUDENT EQUITY & OPPORTUNITY (SE&O)
Traditional 235 work days
Salary Range: $56,277 - $68,243 E ssential Functions and Objectives:
A dministers and manages activities within a specific area of a responsibility. Serves as the subject matter expert and applies gained knowledge to execute, maintain and improve systems, programs, or processes.
P rovides training and professional development to staff on Section 504 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Consults and collaborates with staff, teachers, and parents to provide support and comply with regulations, district policies, and procedures regarding accommodations and services for students with disabilities.
- Oversees the provision of Section 504 and ADA across the District, working collaboratively with the District Compliance Officer, school site staff, and related departments.
- Develops and conducts training for all school staff to support the provision of Section 504 accommodations and services.
- Develops and conducts training for district level staff to support the provision of Section 504 accommodations and services.
- Develops and/or maintains systems for compliance.
- Works collaboratively with legal counsel to minimize legal risk.
- Engages in process improvement and strategic planning regarding the District's 504 process.
- Provides assistance to school site staff in the development and implementation of specialized accommodations, utilizing a variety of supports, including assistive technology and accommodations for students with ADHD, processing deficits, dysgraphia, and dyslexia as well as students with health or episodic conditions.
- Develops and maintains accurate student records, Section 504 plans, and related documentation.
- Consults with teachers on strategies and feedback and participates in departmental functions, district meetings, parent meetings and extensive training.
- Stays up to date on any changes to relevant laws and regulations.
- Collaborates across departments such as Special Education, Nursing, Psych/Social Work, Gifted and Talented, Homebound, and others to ensure that student's needs are being met. K nowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
- Two (2) or more years of experience in Education is required.
- Administrator License is preferred.
- Knowledge with Google Suite.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Effectively handle multiple demands and competing deadlines.
- The ability to take responsibility for one's own performance.
- Work collaboratively with others on a team.
- Aptitude for variety and changing expectations in a fast-paced environment. E ducation Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Education is required.
- Master's Degree in Education, Administration is preferred. A dditional Information:
- Work Year Calendars (including accrued time off): http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/1129
- Benefits (including DPS contributions): http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/1397
- Compensation Structures: http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/244
- Employee must live and work with a permanent home address in Colorado while working for Denver Public Schools. A bout Denver Public Schools:
D enver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
D PS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org
D enver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.