Grande Reserve Elementary SchoolDate Available:
Yorkville Community School District 115 - website BRIEF DESCRIPTION/POSITION SUMMARY:
Under the direct supervision of the principal or other administrator, to provide clerical, secretarial, and administrative assistance to school administrators at a school site, conveying information regarding school functions and procedures; and supporting the broad array of services provided to students, and parents, instructional and support employees.
- Welcomes new families to our school and district and supports the registration process.
- Manages rental requests.
- Secures and manages substitute teacher requests and assignments.
- Prepares, copies and distributes notices, memoranda, or other correspondence for the purpose of informing school employees regarding activities, events, or other work-related matters.
- Assists in maintaining documents, files, and records for the purpose of providing up-to-date references and audit trails for compliance.
- Assist visitors to the office, including students, parents, substitute teachers, and others.
- Answers telephone calls and provides information and assistance to callers.
- Distribute incoming mail appropriately; send outgoing mail.
- Evaluates situations for the purpose of taking appropriate action and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Responds to inquiries from students, parents, and employees, providing information, facilitating communication among parties, and/or providing direction. QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS:
- Ability to describe problems and work orally or in writing to the supervisor as required.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and perform arithmetic operations.
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications (e.g., Google Suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, the Internet, e-mail).
- Ability to problem solve job-related issues.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to process paperwork accurately according to standardized procedures.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of information regarding students, employees, and others.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of office management procedures.