Middle School Teaching/ArtDate Posted:
Yorkville Middle SchoolDate Available:
Yorkville Community School District 115 - website
Yorkville CUSD 115 has a 1.0 FTE opening for an Art Teacher to cover a leave of absence for the 2022-2023 school year at Yorkville Middle School. BRIEF DESCRIPTION / POSITION SUMMARY:
Yorkville Middle School anticipates the need for a 1.0 FTE Middle School Art teacher to support students who will distinguish the purpose of an artist's voice through choice and risk. This position supports students to examine a kaleidoscope of topics to manipulate a vast variety of media and photographic techniques and technology. This position will also support students to construct hand-build ceramic forms demonstrating successful integration of plan and product. Strong oral and written communication skills for effective and efficient communication with all stakeholders is needed as well as the ability to build a partnership with student families. Strong supporter of the middle school philosophy, team collaboration, and District Mission of Cultivating Learners.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Strong content knowledge/experience in elementary art curriculum.
- Ability to integrate other content areas within art lessons.
- Ability to plan and implement engaging art lessons.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Prior experience working with students who have special needs or in collaborative settings
- Prior experience working with a diverse student population
Regionally competitive salary
Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
Illinois Professional Educators License with Appropriate Endorsements in K-9 teaching and Art.