Walker Therapeutic and Educational Programs is seeking a full-time Cook to work on their Needham Campus. Under the direction of the Food Services Supervisor, the Cook will work in a small team setting preparing, cooking, cleaning and sanitizing food in order to provide meal service to the student/residential population. Successful candidates will have at least one (1) year of experience working in the food service industry and will be ServSafe certified preferred. Essential functions
- Supervise the culinary staff in the necessary aspects of maintaining food service to children in the absence of the Manager and Supervisor.
- Prepare food according to standardized recipes.
- Assure foods are prepared and served on schedule.
- Maintain accurate records for refrigerator and food temperatures.
- Calculate lunch slips and record meal counts in the absence of the Supervisor.
- Perform job duties in accordance with regulations regarding cleanliness
- safety and sanitation.
- Obtain feedback on dinner meals.
- Assist with orders, inventory and stock.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing with colleagues and supervisors.
- Must be able to obtain ServSafe certification within three (3) months of employment.
- Must be able to lift 30lbs.
- Stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to stretch, bend, squat and reach as required to perform essential functions of the job.
- Work in hot and cold environments.