Associate Business Analyst, Operations WHAT WE SEEK
We are seeking a Business Analyst with a QA focus to join our PMO / Business Analysis team as we embark on several major projects and focus on smoother business operations. The PMO / Business Analysis team works closely with our Business Applications team, who creates the systems infrastructure enabling the business to perform, grow and delight our customers. You will join a team of analysts, project managers, developers, and company stakeholders to help drive significant change in the business. Software Portfolio:
Salesforce (Unlimited Edition) with additional apps supporting Marketing, Sales, Services, and Customer Support: Marketo, Salesloft, Highspot, Salesforce CPQ & Advanced Approvals, Workato, internal software provisioning platforms, OmniChannel, Natterbox, and Case Management. For our CFO team, Oracle EBS and additional point solutions to solve specific needs. Major Projects:
Improving master data quality, including data from acquisitions; customer self-service functionality; a new ERP system and related offshoot projects; deepening our Salesforce usage with Orders and Contracts. WHAT YOUR DAY WILL LOOK LIKE
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR BACKPACK
- Meet with project leads and business users to talk process friction, system change requests, new problems encountered. Capture useful meeting notes and flip them into Salesforce cases, Jira items, process flows or other narrative or work objects as needed.
- Help drive data -oriented projects; guide other staff handling data remediation among interconnected systems.
- Provide oversight and assistance with users testing new features: consider all testing needed, write up test case lists and how-to-test detail, help with test case execution and capturing results.
- Own and manage your tasks in major projects: input into requirements docs, process flows, test cases, gap analyses, and issue follow-up.
- Work with developers and stakeholders to write clear requirements for system modifications that require code or configuration changes.
- Hands-on work: follow and enhance processes for identifying and resolving data problems: duplicate and disconnected accounts, contacts, leads.
- Promote and support the development of operational improvements for our internal stakeholders following our project intake process.
WHAT GIVES US PURPOSE
- Balance and nimbleness to work multiple projects at once.
- Analytic focus, attention to detail, and a growth mindset: you are interested in our business, our customers, and how to leverage our data to raise the bar and grow.
- The ability to convey complex concepts with simple language, analogies and images. Solid writing skill you can demonstrate from Day One.
- Experience and comfort in most of the following:
- Business process understanding: quoting, order management, inventory, fulfillment or license provisioning, customer support.
- Data quality analysis and remediation using query tools, Excel, or mapping tools.
- Creating end user documentation or training materials
- Some experience with working on software development projects, including familiarity with business analysis tasks: process flows, use cases, detailed requirements. Bonus points for experience with user testing and working in an agile team.
- 3+ years experience as a business analyst or customer support agent, preferably at a company using Salesforce.
- Nice to have: Bachelors degree in an analytical discipline or other 4-year degree with relevant work experience demonstrating solid analytical capability.
Carnegie Learning is a leading provider of K-12 education technology, curriculum, and professional learning solutions. With the highest quality, research-based offerings for K-12 math, literacy, world languages, and more, Carnegie Learning is changing the way we think about learning and creating powerful results for teachers and students alike. At Carnegie Learning we strive to create an environment where people want to work - one where the larger team comes first, where trying new things (and sometimes failing) is encouraged, and where we pursue our mission relentlessly.
Carnegie Learning is a major disruptive force in the digital curriculum market by combining world-class research, differentiated technology, best in class content together with a world-class mission-oriented team. This is where you come in! Are you ready to do the best work of your career and shape the future of learning? WHAT WE PROVIDE
WHAT WE BELIEVE
- Named a Pittsburgh Top Workplace five years in a row
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Virtual health services
- Basic life and disability insurance is offered at no cost
- HSA, FSA, DCSA, and Commuter saving accounts
- 401k with company match
- Employee assistance program
- Pet and Legal services insurance
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- Variable compensation opportunities
- Business casual work environment
- Mission-driven culture
- Flexible working hours, leveraging remote capabilities
We respect and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics, and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to collectively and more effectively address the issues that face our business and industry. Carnegie Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer.