Flint Cultural Center Academy
Monday-Friday, 10:30 am to 1:30p.m. Student days/ intersessions/and possible summer support as needed.. Pay Rate:
$12.00-$15.00 depending on experience Effective date
:2022/2023 School Year QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma required (minimum).
- Typing skills minimum 40 words per minute preferred.
- Strong basic computer skills and knowledge of standard office equipment.
- Knowledge and experience in Synergy Student Information Systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, and a willingness to be trained in other programs, if needed.
- Grammar, spelling, punctuation, and fundamental mathematics skills essential.
- Basic understanding of pupil accounting procedures desired.
- Is detail oriented and able to successfully mulit-task.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding students and staff.
- Must be neat and well groomed.
- Must be dependable and have excellent attendance.
- Is able to get along well with a wide variety of people and work as a team player.
- Must have desire to work with school aged children and their parents.
- Is able to be self-directive in organizing and accomplishing office work priorities.
- Is tactful, pleasant, professional, and courteous at all times.
- Exhibits emotional stability and physical stamina necessary for meeting the requirements of the position.
- Experience in a school office highly recommended.
- Able to communicate with students, parents, staff and community members effectively.
- Positively interacting with students, families and staff
- Strong customer service
- Able to cover full time secretary when needed and able/available to work longer hours from time to time.
- Attendance verification
- Emergency contact information updates
- Contacting parent/guardian for sick students
- Provide care for sick and injured students
- Processing daily attendance and communicating with parents
- Maintaining student records and CA-60 files
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Performs usual office routines
- Receives incoming calls, takes accurate messages, and makes phone calls to parents.
- Greets parents and visitors to building.
- Other duties as assigned.
The FCCA reserves the right to select the person it believes will be the most successful in this position and will be the greatest benefit to the school.
The Flint Cultural Center Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, (including sexual orientation and transgender identity), disability, age, religion, height, weight, marital or family status, military status, ancestry, genetic information or any other legally protected category, (collectively, "Protected Classes"), in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities. The person designated to handle any questions and/or complaints concerning the non-discrimination policy of the Flint Cultural Center Academy is school CEO, Eric Lieske, 1200 Robert T. Longway Blvd., Flint, MI 48503 (810-600-9550).
The Flint Cultural Center Academy complies with all Federal laws and regulations prohibiting discrimination and with all requirements and regulations of the U.S. Department of Education. It is the policy of the Flint Cultural Center Academy that no person on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, sex, marital status or handicap shall be discriminated against, excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or otherwise be subjected to, discrimination in any program or activity to which it is responsible or for which it receives financial assistance from the U.S. Department of Education.