The ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the financial status of the school system is safeguarded, that all legal requirements are fulfilled and that finances are expended as directed by the District’s mission statement and within the Board’s adopted budget.
1. *Coordinate and manage the function of financial planning for the District, including the preparation of the annual budget for presentation to the Superintendent and District School Board.
2. *Provide advice to the Superintendent regarding the financial status of the school system and the wise use of its resources through sound business and management practices.
3. *Keep abreast of legal requirements, advise Superintendent of requirements and the effects on the school system, and propose changes, if appropriate.
4. *Manage the functions of purchasing and warehousing so as to ensure that the District will realize the maximum value educationally and financially when securing supplies, materials, equipment, and services while adhering to the District budget and conforming to all appropriate laws, regulations and policies.
5. *Coordinate and manage the accounting function, ensuring that the District derives maximum benefit through the judicious management of all funds (operating, debt service, capital improvement, special revenue, and internal).
6. *Coordinate and manage the preparation of financial reports for internal management use and for state and federal requirements.
7. *Assist with the preparation of the School Board meeting agenda, prepare business service agenda items of routine and priority natures, and prepare timely reports.
8. *Coordinate and manage the function of Risk Management, securing the needed protection for both the individual and capital assets.
9. *Assist with collective bargaining negotiations.
10. *Coordinate the auditing of the school internal accounts and proper record keeping of the property inventory.
11. *Serve on the Superintendent's Planning Team(s).
12. *Coordinate planning for the use of financial resources in a manner which will help the system achieve its goal and objectives.
13. *Coordinate and manage the board’s investments.
14. *Assist with the review of charter school proposals.
15. *Supervise assigned personnel, conduct annual performance appraisals and make recommendations for appropriate employment action.
16. *Prepare or oversee the preparation of all required financial reports and maintain appropriate records.
17. *Provide leadership and direction for the assigned areas(s) of responsibilities.
18. *Exercise proactive leadership in promoting the vision and mission of the District.
19. Perform other duties/tasks consistent with the goals and objectives of this position.
*Denotes essential job function/ADA
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of Federal and Florida Law and State Board of Education Rules pertaining to school financial systems. Knowledge of administrative computer applications as related to departmental job functions. Skill in problem solving, human interaction and conflict management. Effective skills in oral and written communications. Ability to plan, organize and prioritize. Ability to analyze, interpret, and use data in decision-making. Ability to be flexible, handle a variety of tasks, and manage multiple tasks.
- Master's Degree with specialization in Business Administration, School Administration, or a related field, OR Bachelor's Degree with specialization in Business and designation as a Certified Public Accountant. Five (5) years’ experience in school finance and accounting, including at least three (3) years in a supervisory capacity.
$110,448 - $169,485
To Apply, visit:
Position Closes on: