At National Heritage Academies (NHA), the Dean is dedicated to achieving the purpose of "transforming the lives of students and enriching communities by delivering high-quality educational choice to families". The Dean's goal is to ensure high quality learning for every student in every classroom every day by growing teacher skill, capacity, and effectiveness and creating effective collaboration between teachers. Properly executed, the leadership of the Dean improves student learning growth, increases college readiness, and enhances school health as measured by academic, financial, and cultural metrics. The Dean role is pivotal in realizing these school and organizational goals.
Located in Waterford Township, MI, Oakside Prep Academy has been recognized as one of Metro Detroit's Best and Brightest Company to Work For®. Opening our doors in 2013 and serving students K-12, we create endless opportunities for our students to become their best. We inspire our students to excel academically and think creatively to reach their full potential. Our dedicated teachers help students apply critical-thinking skills to solve real-world problems. We build kids of character through our moral focus program. As a result, students are prepared to tackle 21st century challenges and excel in high school, college, and beyond.
For more information on Oakside Prep Academy click http://www.oaksidescholars.org.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, support, and maintain a safe, engaging culture focused on student learning.
- Master and model all aspects of the Classroom Framework of Instructional Practice.
- Build relationships with and among teachers and invest in the professional success of all staff members.
- Coach teachers towards instructional mastery and provide ongoing, differentiated support based on teacher skill, experience, and needs, using the Classroom Framework as the blueprint.
- Manage and hold teachers accountable to college readiness through teacher development (e.g., observations, full lesson observations, goal setting, O3s, coaching).
- Routinely analyze student, class, and wing data to drive instruction, student growth, and professional development to ensure that all student needs are met.
- Promote, model, and reinforce all NHA and school procedures (e.g., School-wide Behavioral System, Behave with Care, Moral Focus).
- Manage parent relationships.
- Participate in recruitment and on-boarding efforts for direct reports.
- Administer annual evaluations.
- Lead wing PLC meetings using data and state standards.
- Occasional travel required.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- College diploma (BA or equivalent) or higher in Education or related field.
- School Administrator Licensure in states where this is required.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3-5 years experience in teaching as well as previous school leadership experience as an Instructional Coach, Assistant Principal, interim dean, content leader, new teacher mentor etc.
- A valid administrator license (if required for the state in which you are applying).
- Experience working with at-risk students - strongly preferred.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to see complex projects through from start to finish.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills.
National Heritage Academies (NHA) partners with communities to build and operate public charter schools. Founded in 1995, today NHA has over 100 schools in nine states, serving more than 60,000 students in kindergarten through 12th grade. Our schools are designed to eliminate the achievement gap and provide school choice to families so their children are prepared for success in college, career, and life. In fact, a majority of our schools consistently outperform their local district on the state test. According to the Center for Research Outcomes at Stanford University, NHA is a leading performer among charter schools and management organizations, outperforming both conventional district schools and other charter school operators. In addition, according to our employee survey, over 90% of respondents agree that the work they do is meaningful to them. Join us. Together we impact a life.
To learn more about our core values, please click here.
National Heritage Academies is an equal opportunity employer.