Teachers on Special AssignmentDate Posted:
Stamford, CTDate Available:
2022-2023 School YearClosing Date:
Until Filled The filling of this position is based upon continued funding in the Board of Education budget. Note: Teachers dually certified in TESOL, Bilingual Education or ESL, with experience in Sheltered Instruction or fluency in a language other than English, will be given preference for all Stamford Public School positions.
As the Stamford Public Schools embark on implementing a 1:1 technology program to enhance student learning and engagement, improve equity, and prepare for a hybrid learning environment (traditional and distance learning), we look to cultivate a team of Technology Integration and Support Specialists to assist with this effort. The Technology Integration and Support Specialist position is designed to increase the capacity of teachers to use technology and to develop curriculum that effectively integrates the use of technology in the teaching and learning process. This position will also provide leadership in the implementation of the 1:1 technology program by assisting with the management of hardware and software, troubleshooting and maintaining instructional technology systems, and coordinating with central office and City IT staff. Major Responsibilities: 1.) Technology Integration and Support
2.) Oversee the 1:1 technology program for the school
- Assist in the coordination and delivery of professional development activities directly related to the integration of technology in all content areas.
- Design, implement and support learning opportunities for teachers intended to build capacity and expertise in the use of instructional technology.
- Assist teachers through peer coaching, modeling, and mentoring on effective instructional technology teaching strategies.
- Help teachers develop curriculum materials and specific lesson plans to utilize technology in the classroom.
- Develop and provide training for staff, parents, and students on the use of educational technology including Chromebooks, laptops, and a variety of other educational software and devices.
- Create learning resources for teacher, staff, and students. These may include Web sites, tutorials, interactive programs, and databases that support teachers in integrating technology.
- Submit a monthly report on technology professional development, training and support activities provided to school staff.
- Provide direct instruction to elementary/middle/high school students to include, but not limited to, digital citizenship, the fundamentals of coding, and the development of computing concepts.
- Support district curriculum development in embedding technology into the curriculum, administering district assessments, and analysis of instructional data.
- Support with the collection and analysis of data as well as the organization and administration of standardized assessments.
- Support school-based staff in their use of the District's Student Information System (SIS) related to: scheduling, reports, gradebook, data exports, and data analysis.
*Estimated Time Allocations:
- Assist with general hardware and software support and troubleshooting for all technology equipment at the school.
- Work with city IT, central office, and school-based staff to maintain all instructional technology.
- Collaborate in the evaluation, selection, and implementation of instructional technology equipment, materials and software.
- Document and maintain an up to date inventory of all devices and technology equipment in assigned school including all appropriate licensing information.
- Log, monitor and update device service requests in a work order management database.
- Assist with verifying device repairs have been completed successfully.
- Coordinate distribution of devices and Wi-Fi Hotspots at the start of the school year.
- Coordinate collection of devices and Wi-Fi Hotspots at the end of the school year.
- Manage building-based software licenses and applications that support classroom instruction as needed.
- Manage and maintain school website, including creating, updating and editing website content.
- Assist with the administration of district and state assessments by allocating devices and supporting the training of teachers in assessment administration procedures.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards:
- 40% teaching (teaching limit is .4 with up to 1 collateral duty period per day - lunch, arrival, dismissal)
- 30% training, and assisting teachers, students and parents
- 30% learning/managing hardware/software (two hours a week dedicated to collaborating with Coordinator of Technology Integration-must keep Tuesdays 12:00p-2:00pm free)
Works in standard office and school building environments. Knowledge and Skills:
- Intermediate to advanced technology skills.
- Experience with learning management systems such as Google Classroom.
- An understanding and familiarity with national, state and local curriculum standards and frameworks.
- An understanding of key learning theories and methods of instruction and their relation to technology integration.
- Superior communication skills (oral and written).
- Knowledge of and/or demonstrate the ability to learn and implement Operating Systems (i.e. Windows); Office suites (i.e. Microsoft Office, Google Docs); Presentation Software (i.e. PowerPoint, Keynote); Spreadsheets (i.e. Excel, Google Spreadsheets); Communication and Collaboration tools (i.e. Skype); Accounting Software (i.e. QuickBooks); Student Information Systems (i.e. Naviance, Power School); or any other technology deemed relevant for this position.
- CT CSDE Educator Certification required.
- 5 years teaching experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Technology, or a related technology/computer field from an accredited college or university, preferred.
- Demonstrated capacity in providing professional development for teachers.
- Demonstrated experience in the integration of technology into the curriculum such as online resources, google apps for education, digital portfolios, content creation, video creation, and applications to support summative and formative assessments.
- Experience with effective teaching strategies in teaching software and hardware skills.
- Evidence of organizational ability and ability to successfully manage and complete projects.
- Demonstrated capacity to work well with others.
- Google Level 1 and Level 2 Certification, preferred.
Stamford Education Association (SEA) Work Year:
186 days, plus up to three (3) additional days, as needed and preapproved by the Coordinator for Technology Integration and Online Assessment, paid at the per diem rate. Compensation:
Per SEA Contract
Board Approved 07/01/2020
Updated 05/12/2022 Application Procedures:
Online application is required. Internal Applicants:
Please upload a cover letter (summarizing your interest in and qualifications for the position) and resume as part of your Internal Application. In addition, be prepared to provide a two letters of reference to the interview committee.