Principal Work Schedule:
Monday-Friday 3:00pm-6:00pm Annual Schedule:
August 15, 2022 - June 7, 2023 Pay:
$33.00/hour SUPERVISED BY:
School Principal ESSENTIAL JOB ELEMENTS:
- Implement the program K-4 curriculum as planned by the After School Program curriculum to ensure a quality experience for all participants.
- Work with program personnel to implement engaging, developmentally appropriate educational enrichment curriculum and programming which expands and supports student learning experiences beyond the classroom.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships through effective and timely communication with the program director, other program personnel, and other building staff members, such as the principal, custodians, teachers, and food service personnel. Work cooperatively and effectively as a team member by communicating and contributing information on a continuous basis.
- Address the ongoing needs of the students and parents.
- Implement program procedures effectively to ensure the safe being of all participants.
- Observe, monitor, and participate in children's play activities.
- Promote a safe and healthy environment based on safety standards set within the program.
- Efficiently redirect inappropriate student behaviors and implement the program discipline system to effectively monitor and guide proper student behavior.
- Support the emotional and social development of children.
- Report any concerns and questions regarding the program (students, parents, equipment needs, supplies, other staff, volunteers, etc.) to the program director.
- Maintain accurate and organized records such as attendance records, snack records, timesheets, incident reports, and all other paperwork as instructed by the program director to ensure program compliance and quality operations.
- Help prepare snacks for the children and clean-up the kitchen and snack area.
- Assist in the cleaning and straightening of the room and equipment before, during, and after the program. This includes washing tables, chairs, and toys, putting up chairs, and locking the building at the end of the day.
- Continue professional development by attending staff meetings and trainings.
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible.
- Enjoy being with students and foster their spiritual, academic, social, emotional, and physical development through the duties outlined above.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Students, parents, support staff, principal, teachers and community members. QUALIFICATIONS:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Must have a 4 year college degree or two years of college training and 6 months (910 hours) of satisfactory and verifiable experience attained since the age of 18 years old, of the care and supervision of four or more school aged children.
- Preferred, successful completion of higher education coursework related to education, child development, and/or related field.
- Preferred, experience implementing educational programming and working with students as a teacher, educational aide, after school care aide, and/or daycare operator or assistant.
- A high sense of professionalism.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Moderate lifting to 50
- Near and Far acuity
- Supervision of Others
Eagle County Charter Academy Salary Range:
$33.00 - $33.00 / Per Hour Shift Type: