The Afterschool Assistant Site Director is a non-aligned, non-exempt/hourly position that will report to the Site Director, Lead Site Director, & the Director of Expanded Learning Opportunities. In coordination with the Afterschool Site Director, the Assistant Site Director is responsible for the implementation of and behavior management of one designated site of the Burlington School District's After School program. The District's After School program serves over 1500 children K - 12 throughout the district, providing after-school programs and activities that contribute to students' academic achievement, safety, and healthy development. The Essential Functions of this position include
- Plan, supervise and implement programs that support the mission and goals of Burlington Expanded Learning and its funding sources.
- Work closely with the school principal, students, families, director, and school staff to integrate programs with the school curriculum and develop programs that support student learning.
- Develop programs that focus on student leadership and student agency
- Ensure program delivery, including program presenters, volunteers, supplies, snacks, transportation, etc.
- Incorporate outside providers and activities such as field trips into the curriculum.
- Manage daily administrative tasks in collaboration with school-day staff, families, and other key partners; and engage with staff and students during program hours.
- REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum Required: High school diploma
- Certification: No certification is required
- Minimum Required: A minimum of three years of experience in after-school and summer programs; child care services; teaching, social work, or related experience
- Significant teaching, administrative and supervisory experience with elementary-age children in educational and/or licensed childcare settings
- Familiarity with laws and regulations governing education in Vermont
- Administrative, leadership, and managerial skill
- Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities:[Check only 1 box below]
- Working knowledge: Sufficient familiarity with the subject to know basic principles and terminology and to understand and solve simple problems.
- General knowledge: Sufficient knowledge of a field to perform most work in normal situations. The work calls for comprehension of standard situations and includes knowledge of most of the significant aspects of the subject.
- Thorough knowledge : Advanced knowledge of the subject matter. The work calls for sufficient comprehension of the subject area to solve unusual as well as common work problems, to be able to advise on technical matters and to serve as a resource on the subject for others in the organization.
- Comprehensive knowledge: Requires complete mastery and understanding of the subject. This term should be used sparingly and only for unusually exacting or responsible positions required to originate hypotheses, concepts, or approaches.
- List Specific Skills And/Or Abilities Required:
- Afterschool program management and best practice
- H ighly organized
- Able to work cooperatively with a variety of stakeholders from parents and students to staff and school day employees
- Experience in managing challenging student behavior
- An Understanding of IEP and 504 plans and accommodations, staff supervision, and Restorative Practices is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in behavior management techniques, including Restorative Practices, Social Emotional Learning, and PBIS
- Computer knowledge of applications such as Google Drive/Sheets
- Must be willing to learn and grow within a role that has many facets and be open and able to lead the site independently in the absence of the Site Director
The Burlington School District provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.Primary Location:
Expanded Learning Opportunities - JJ Flynn Elementary School Salary Range:
$18.00 / Per Hour Shift Type: