This is professional nursing work in providing health services in a school setting. Roles and Responsibilities
- An employee in this class is responsible for providing for the health needs of an individual student during school hours, and in some cases, during transport to and from school.
- This employee provides direct nursing services, according to provider orders; for routine and emergency situations and supports the student's activities of daily living.
- Existing guides and regulations govern the work, but the employee will use considerable judgment in interpreting and applying them to unusual or nonstandard situations.
- Performs related work as required.
- Graduation form an accredited vocational training program or college that provides nursing training. Experience working as a Licensed Practical Nurse, Registered Nurse, or any equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the following knowledge, abilities, and skills:
- Knowledge of nursing and health practices as applied to children and youth
- Ability to provide effective nursing and health related services for students, to keep abreast of medical practices in the field, to deal effectively with students requiring health assistance, to communicate effectively orally and in writing, and to work cooperatively with others.
- Knowledge of tube feedings, seizure management/first aid, and/or ventilators
- Active and current LPN or RN License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, drive, and walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or bend and may be required to lift up to approximately 40 pounds.
Salary: Banded Rates Pay Band 11 - RNPay Band 8 - LPN
Months/Days/Hours: This is a part-time, non-benefited, hourly position. No guarantee of minimum hours.
Reports To: Supervisor in Student Health Services.Primary Location:
Health Services Office Salary Range:
Copy Link - view: https://www.lcps.org/Page/228782 / Not Applicable Shift Type: