Are you looking for a supportive environment with the ability to make a significant impact on student outcomes? Do you enjoy assisting in all aspects of classroom instruction and management?
If you answered YES, then consider joining our Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health team! Being a Paraprofessional/Teacher Assistant at Devereux has its Advantages.
You will work with other dedicated professionals who share your passion for helping individuals in need. We offer:
- A rewarding experience helping individuals complete daily activities and achieving long term goals.
- Working with a supportive team with an energized atmosphere
- Opportunity to expand your existing teaching skills and grow professionally
- Competitive salary, benefits and free lunch in our cafeteria!
This opportunity will be responsible for the following, but not limited to:
- Protecting the health and safety of individuals served while assisting with academic instruction and managing various behaviors.
- Reading and implementing all individualized treatment plan.
- Assisting in the planning of programming and is an active team member in carrying out treatment goals.
- Participating as a member of the Multi-Disciplinary Team and maintains a team environment.
- Working with the individuals consistent with orientation, ongoing trainings, program handbook, New Directions, and SPA approved strategies.
Devereux Ackerman Academy is a school serving students in grades 6-12. Ackerman Academy is accredited by Cognia (Formerly AdvancED). We provide a stimulating educational environment for children and youth while they are receiving the highest level mental health treatment. Our education personnel are highly qualified and certified by Georgia Professional Standards Commission. Many of our faculty and staff have multiple certifications to include Special Education and other content areas. Our classroom environment and instruction are designed to meet the needs of diverse learners.
Keywords: Teaching assistant, paraprofessional, education, Title 1, Behavioral Health, Mental Health, mentor, direct support, recreation, teacher Devereux is committed to the health and safety of our staff.
All Devereux centers have formal infectious-disease and emergency-management plans tailored to specifically address the unique aspects of communicable disease prevention including COVID-19. Learn More: https://jobs.devereux.org/#covid
#sponsored Qualifications EDUCATION:
High School Diploma plus 4 years of experience in a classroom setting or a residential treatment setting. Bachelor's Degree preferred. EXPERIENCE
: One (1) year experience in a residential treatment facility or educational school setting preferred. Experience with children and adolescents is preferred.
- Possess excellent facilitation skills, relationship management, multitasking, written/verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Be empathetic, a team player, creative and energetic; Understand the theories of behavior management and positive reinforcement.
- Have a strong passion for working with and helping children & adolescents & the ability to represent yourself as a positive role model.
- Valid Driver's License and Satisfactory Drug Screen and Background Check results.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to complete a two-week, paid new hire orientation class; hours are approximately 8:30am to 5:30pm daily.
- Devereuxux requires all individuals interviewing for a position involving contact with children to complete The Diana Screen, a screening that assesses a candidate's understanding of appropriate boundaries between adults and children.
- The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) COVID-19 vaccine mandate requires all employees to be fully vaccinated on or before March 15, 2022 . If already fully vaccinated, you will need to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or have an approved medical or religious exemption prior to starting.
Devereux has a zero-tolerance policy for abuse and maintains policies and procedures to systematically reduce the risk of abuse to occur in our organization. Devereux fosters a culture of reporting abuse, and will cooperate with the authorities to the fullest extent possible. Posted Date
4 months ago (7/25/2022 10:54 AM) Requisition ID
Education Position Type
The employment policies of Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health are to recruit and hire qualified employees without discrimination because of race, religion, creed, color, age, sex, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, communication ability, gender identity or expression or sexual orientation and to treat them equally with respect to compensation and opportunities for advancement - including upgrading, promotion and transfer - consistent with individual skills and the needs of Devereux.