TITLE: Coordinator of Mathematics
- Valid teacher’s certificate in Mathematics education.
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university in secondary mathematics education.
- Five years experience teaching Mathematics.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Director of Secondary School Education
JOB GOAL: To provide leadership in selection, development, and implementation of objectives for the secondary mathematics program.
- Coordinates the mathematics program for the district.
- Evaluates student needs and recommends changes or improvements in the curriculum.
- Assists teachers in updating curriculum (in alignment with state standards) and adapting it to theneeds of students by level.
- Works with principals and department heads regarding curriculum, instruction, materials, and staff development.
- Promotes, encourages, and assists teachers in their professional growth.
- Plans and coordinates a continuing program of in-service activities for mathematics.
- Provides orientation for new teachers and in-service sessions as needed.
- Assists teachers through observations, conferences, demonstrations, etc.
- Facilitates communication concerning curriculum, professional development opportunities, and other pertinent information throughout the district.
- Evaluates, selects, purchases, and distributes instructional materials to the schools.
- Supervises selection and adoption of state instructional materials for K-12.
- Serves as liaison in the preparation, implementation, and supervision of mandatory and special programs.
- Collaborates with other subject area coordinators on interdisciplinary curriculum and instruction, as well as planning orientations, in-services, and other curriculum meetings as necessary.
- Participates in courses, workshops, seminars, and conferences for professional growth.
- Maintains current knowledge of developments in mathematics education
- Assists in preparing the budget for mathematics programs.
- Other duties as requested.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 240 day Contract. $83,000.00- $87,000.00 based on exp.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on evaluation of