PART TIME-POLICE/CROSSING GUARD-PART TIMEDate Posted:
: Crossing Guard (Part-Time) REPORTS TO:
Crossing Guard Coordinator WAGE/HOUR STATUS
: Non-Exempt PAY GRADE:
$12/hour PRIMARY PURPOSE
The Crossing Guard is responsible for the safety of students walking and biking to and from school.
All employees of SISD are expected to act with integrity, support and demonstrate our core values, communicate in a clear and respectful manner and seek to continuously improve self-performance and processes. QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Texas driver's license
- Experience in related position or field
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES: Essential Functions:
- A knowledge of crossing guard procedures, use of safety equipment, and applicable traffic laws to the area in and around school campuses.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to maintain good interpersonal skills for interacting with motorist.
1. Ability to perform tasks of standing, and walking.
2. Normal mobility of fingers, hands, wrists, arms, neck, back, waist, legs, knees, and ankles. Audio Visual Demands:
1. Average hearing
2. Corrected 20/20 vision
3. Good depth perception
4. Ability to distinguish between colors Work Environment:
1. Noise levels are normal
2. Mostly outside work
3. Work inside with and without air conditioning, depending on the facility requirements
4. Work alone as well as with team members Required Training:
1. 1st day orientation - Crossing Guard Training ProgramWORKING CONDITIONS:
Maintain emotional control under stress. May be subject to strenuous walking, standing, and climbing; ability to operate a motor vehicle; specific hearing and visual requirements; ability to control sudden violent or extreme physical acts of others and exhibit rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously. Employee may be subject to adverse and hazardous working conditions including violent and armed confrontations. Able to work outdoors in varying climate conditions, drive and travel in all different areas of district at odd hours and call on 24 hours a day. Ability to adjust eyes to bring an object into focus judging distances (close and distant); reach with arms extended and use hands to manipulate the keyboard. Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, stoop, kneel, stand, walk, drive and/or be mobile. Overtime is required as necessary.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.