Elementary School Teaching/ArtDate Posted:
Flint Cultural Center Academy
: 2022/2023 School Year
Paid Pre-Service to begin on August 2, 2022. Qualifications:
Characteristics of Successful Candidates Required
- Art-LQ or LX (A "ZG" endorsement may also be considered for this position)
- Autism - SV
- State of Michigan Certification
- No Child Left Behind – Highly Qualified Requirements
- Knowledge of Common Core Standards and Smarter Balance Assessment
- Be highly qualified and certified to teach in the State of Michigan and possess the necessary educational background and certification for the position as determined by the FCCA. Specific subject area expertise preferred.
- Have an outstanding record of academic achievement and extracurricular leadership.
- Be willing to participate in a variety of extra-curricular and co-curricular activities including staff development and curriculum development.
- Be a person of demonstrated high character, with a passion for continuous improvement.
- Have experience demonstrating the ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Have teaching experience with a proven record of accelerating student growth.
- Have experience working with urban youth and youth with disabilities.
- Have experience in an educational setting that shares a similar philosophy with FCCA, or willingness to embrace a new teaching style.
- Have experience with the MTSS.
- Possess knowledge of EL Education principles.
- Demonstrate mental/physical ability and stamina for meeting the requirements of the position.
- Experience teaching special educaton students
$45,400 - $71,000 based on successful teaching experience and education level. Competitive fringe benefits package.
The Flint Cultural Center Academy complies with all Federal laws and regulations prohibiting discrimination and with all requirements and regulations of the U.S. Department of Education. It is the policy of the Flint Cultural Center Academy that no person on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, sex, marital status or handicap shall be discriminated against, excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or otherwise be subjected to, discrimination in any program or activity to which it is responsible or for which it receives financial assistance from the U.S. Department of Education.