Our American Montessori Society affiliated school, founded in 1978, is located in the vineyards of the Napa Valley and is an important part of the local educational community. We are seeking a trained Montessori teacher for our lower elementary classroom (grades 1-3, 6-9 years old) beginning August 17th of this year.
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- Lower Elementary AMS Certificate. Applicants with Lower Elementary AMI Certification are still encouraged to apply.
- Works well as a team member and takes direction well.
- Ability to relate to children and adults with maturity and respect.
- Calm and attentive demeanor with an ability to maintain overview of the classroom.
- Experience in a Montessori environment.
- College level education is strongly preferred but not required.
- Excellent English spelling, writing and grammar skills.
- Competent in Math through sixth grade.
- Basic computers skills.
- Ability to pass pre-employment screening, including negative TB test and criminal background check.
- Dependent upon experience and education.
- This position is a salaried position.