EARLY CHILDHOOD PRESCHOOL DIRECTOR
Early Childhood Education
BENEFITS: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 21.40% employer contribution to your PERA retirement plan, paid holidays, paid leave, tuition reimbursement, free CMC credits, amongst others . For full time employees
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $45,000- $62,727 per year
POSITION SALARY RANGE: $45,000 - $106,282 per year
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
Plans general instruction and assessment appropriate to early childhood learners. Plan general instruction and assessment appropriate to early childhood learners. Supervises assigned staff and students and maintains a positive learning environment. Adapt instruction to meet the learning needs of all students increasing the probability of advancing their learning. Maintain positive interpersonal relationships with students, parents, staff and community members. Assures all procedures and policies are clearly communicated and followed, including but not limited to: ECSD Policies, Colorado Health and Human Services Licensing Requirements, Colorado Department of Education Rules and Head Start Performance Standards.
ASSSIST IN SUPERVISION OF:
Preschool Assistants, Preschool Specialists and Para Professionals
SUPERVISED BY: Director Early Childhood Department
ESSENTIAL JOB ELEMENTS:
1. Responsible for management and supervision of Head Start, CPP and ECSD Early Childhood Programs at the individual preschool site.
2. Recruit, hire, schedule, supervise and evaluate preschool teacher assistants as primary preschool teachers. Lead weekly cluster and staff meetings.
3 Collect and maintain required information in staff files, according to licensing regulations.
4. Plan and deliver staff training for preschool staff
5. Monitor preschool site budget.
6. Supervise and monitor student enrollment and required paperwork.
7. Provide instructional leadership to staff. Conduct regular observations of teachers to assess performance and to gather information that will lead to instructional
improvement through regular feedback.
8. Responsible for implementing the laws, regulations, and standards of Special Education,
Head Start, Colorado Preschool Program, and State of Colorado Child Care Licensing.
9. Completes administrative duties unique to early childhood program including updating
annual program evaluation documents, complying with licensing agencies, as well at the
Head Start and Colorado Preschool Program regulations paperwork and assessment.
10. Ensures the accuracy, completeness, confidentiality, and security of all student information,
according to licensing regulations. Complete all paperwork in a timely fashion.
1. Teaches curriculum appropriate to early childhood.
2. Plans learning, including selection of content, instructional strategies, differentiated instructions and assessments, appropriate for all early childhood learners.
3. Adapts and monitors instruction to meet the learning needs of all students, increasing the probability of advancing their achievement.
4. Promotes and maintains student behavior expectations conducive to learning, maximizing learning time.
5. Establishes and demonstrates positive human relations with students, parents, other staff members and the community.
6. Maintains an ongoing program of professional growth that meets District expectations and personal professional goals.
7. Ensures the accuracy, completeness, confidentiality, and security of all student information.
Completes all paperwork in a timely fashion.
10. Participates actively in the adopted District evaluation process.
11. Provides a strong foundation for the connection between home and school.
Responsible for on-going communication or committees with parents and families.
CONTACTS: Students, parents, support staff, school staff, administrative staff, and community members.
1. Licensed with CDE and holds a current ECE Endorsement and or holds a BA in related field and will to complete Alternative Licensure program.
2. Director Qualified with the Colorado Department of Health and Human Services or able to complete in the next 12 months.
3. Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
4. Effective time management and organizational skills.
Moderate Lifting to 50 lbs.
Near and Far acuity
Supervision of others
Early Childhood Education
$45,000.00 - $62,727.00 / Per Year