Hamilton County Schools, located in Chattanooga, TN, is the fastest improved school district in the state of Tennessee. Our mission is to create pathways to bright futures for all
students in our community by helping to equip them with the skills, knowledge and supports required to realize their full potential.
We do this by focusing on five action areas in our strategic plan, Future Ready 2023:
- Accelerating Student Achievement
- Future Ready Students
- Great Teachers and Leaders
- Engaged Community
- Efficient and Effective Operations
We are committed to excellence for every student and are seeking outstanding school support and district-wide staff who desire to make a difference in the lives of students. For classified employees who are interested in becoming teachers, we also offer our "Grow Your Own
" program, with pathways to becoming a certified teacher. With nearly 80 schools located in urban, rural, and suburban communities, we are confident that you can find your place in Hamilton County.
The purpose of this job is to work alongside the Student Security Coordinator and school level administrators to provide a safe and secure campus. Provide guidance and support for Student Safety Officers. Responsibilities
- Ensure Student Safety Officers have the knowledge, training, equipment and ability to perform the tasks required.
- Interact with site administrators to further develop the partnership with the safety and Security Office.
- Assist and review annual site assessment for each school.
- Make recommendations to correct identified security issues on campus.
- Observe day to day tasks conducted by Student Safety Officers.
- Conduct annual Student Safety Officer evaluations.
- Fill slots vacated by Student Safety Officers out on leave.
- Monitors video surveillance at the schools.
- Review Bi-weekly and reports prior to submitting to the Student Safety Manager.
- Contact each officer a minimum of once a week.
- Contact each site administrator a minimum of once a month.
- Develops and fosters communication with the patrolling law enforcement agency that serves your assigned schooling district.
- Recognize outstanding performance from the Student Safety Officers in writing to Student Safety Office.
- Receive and review initial complaints from citizens and HCS staff.
- Acts in a professional, respectful, and courteous manner at all times.
- Creates a customer-focused climate and provides quality services and support to school and other stakeholders.
- Complies with applicable district, state, and federal codes, laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies and procedures.
- Attends work and arrives to work on time.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Adheres to the Teacher Code of Ethics as defined by Tennessee Law.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Ability to qualify for appropriate licensure or TN POST certification.
- Knowledge of and ability to use communications equipment.
- Weapons qualifications at or above established standards.
- Certified in First Aid, CPR and "Stop the Bleed".
- One (1) school year experience as Student Security Officer required.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of and ability to use a portable radio.
- Use of basic computer skills.
Salary is based on a combination of relevant education and experience.
Minimum Salary - Grade 23Salary Scale