Essential Job Functions:
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
• Provides professional instruction and teaching utilizing data analysis effectively to a diverse
population of students as appropriate to the specified course or discipline and academic level,
e.g., general education students, advanced and remedial students, disabled students.
• Adheres to established standards regarding curriculum delivery and requirements as established by the School District and applicable educational systems appropriate to the specified course of discipline.
• Organizes and effectively communicates class/course objectives, standards, and requirements
for successful achievement, e.g., syllabi, tests, specific tasks.
• Provides guidance and assistance to students as needed in order to ensure appropriate assimilation of the course content in an effort to support student success and achievement.
• Ensures all appropriate measures are in effect for special needs students.
• Administers tests and conducts evaluation and grading as applicable to the students' specific assignments.
• Calculates student scores and grades and submits students' final class/course grade(s).
• Identifies and determines appropriate course of action necessary for the resolution of students'
academic issues and concerns.
• Ensures professional growth as appropriate to instructional assignment.
• Refers advanced disciplinary issues to appropriate staff/personnel.
• Performs related duties as assigned
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
*Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
*Ability to effectively supervise Teaching Assistants engaged in carrying out departmental support
*Ability to effectively teach/supervise a group comprised of students engaged in carrying out
*Knowledge of business English and spelling; knowledge of basic math.
*Considerable knowledge of academic content being delivered.
*Skill in clearly communicating information both verbally and in writing.
*Ability to operate basic office equipment, e.g., computer terminals, printers, copy machines,
telephone systems, facsimile machines.
*Ability to perform routine typing and basic computer operations, i.e., data entry, word processing
and records retrieval.
*Ability to access, operate and maintain various software applications; ability to read, update and
maintain various records and files.
*Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with departmental personnel,
instructors, students, parents, and the community.
*Ability to work independently to carry out assignments to completion.
*Ability to perform duties with a professional and cooperative work ethic; ability to maintain
*Ability to climb, reach, bend, stoop, kneel, sit and stand for long periods of time; walk; lift up to 25 pounds.
*Ability to work flexible hours necessary for the efficient operation of the department.
*Knowledge of basic School District work policies and guidelines; knowledge of departmental
practices and procedures.
Education / Certifications / Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Education, the academic discipline being delivered, or related field; supplemented by a demonstrated aptitude for working with children; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Must possess and maintain current Teaching Certification, and all necessary academic certifications for the discipline being delivered.
Reports To : Principal
Job Posting Link : www.fcpsva.org
Salary Range: From/To : Up to $61, 589
Endorsements : Algebra/Geometry
does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age, in its programs and activities. Inquiries should be directed to, 207 West Second Av, Franklin, VA 23851. Telephone (757) 569-8111.