Campus Ministry Director and Theology Teacher (Grades 9-12)
Bishop Fenwick High School is looking for a full-time, talented, passionate, innovative, and inspiring Campus Ministry Director and Theology Teacher. Bishop Fenwick is a Catholic, academically rigorous, and personally supportive co-educational college preparatory school located in Peabody, MA. Dedicated to creating an environment where all students can seek and achieve excellence intellectually, creatively, physically, morally, and spiritually, Bishop Fenwick honors the whole person. Operating independently within the Archdiocese of Boston, Bishop Fenwick is a close-knit, student-centered, and character driven community that forms life-long relationships and graduates committed servant-leaders.
Our Campus Ministry program is an essential component of our Catholic mission. Working closely with the Theology Department, which focuses on the academic and intellectual growth of each student's faith journey, the Campus Ministry Program focuses on the spiritual and sacramental life of each student as well as on the gospel call to love others, especially those who are most vulnerable. Our Campus Ministry Program challenges students to recognize and to appreciate their personal vocations, and to develop their God-given gifts and talents to serve others in need. Campus Ministry also works with our Student Activities Council, our School & College Guidance Department, our Administration, and other organizations at Bishop Fenwick to provide students opportunities to put Catholic social teaching into action.
• Designing, coordinating, and implementing all liturgical celebrations, including school-wide Masses and prayer services, to promote a deeper spirituality and to cultivate a culture of prayer in our community
• Designing, coordinating, and leading a retreat program for all students that fosters authentic personal and spiritual growth and that enhances class unity and community
• Promote a spirit of servant leadership through community service initiatives that reflects the values and virtues of our Catholic faith and calls students to serve others
• Design and implement lessons for the Crusader Leadership Program in close partnership with the school counselors and the Student Life Team
• Collaborate with the Dean of Student Life, the Assistant Dean of Student Life, the Theology Department, and the priests who minister at Bishop Fenwick to provide an inclusive, integrated, and intentional program that inspires students to sense the presence of God in their lives and to reflect the grace of God in our world
• Teach two sections of Theology-as a Theology teacher:
• Design lesson plans thoughtfully and intentionally to create a classroom experience that is engaging, inspiring, and challenging, that encourages student voice, and that promotes active learning
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to work collegially and collaboratively, and a willingness to go the proverbial extra mile for our students
• Knowledge of differentiated instructional strategies, with a focus on emphasizing student strengths and developing essential skills
Additional responsibilities include:
• Advising a club or activity such as the Rotary Interact Club and the Kindness Club
• Attending and contributing to meetings during and after the school day, including, but not limited to, department, committee, and grade-level meetings
• Participating in the life of the Fenwick by attending community events, being present for major school functions, and supporting the overall mission and culture of the School
• A Bachelor's degree in theology, religious education, or a related field is required.
• A Master's Degree, with a minimum of five years of relevant experience in Catholic schools, is preferred.
• Knowledge and experience organizing and implanting campus ministry program.
• Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
The successful candidate will possess a passion for spreading a loving and inclusive Gospel message, exude enthusiasm for working with students, families and colleagues, and have a strong work ethic and vibrant faith life.
How to Apply: If you are a committed educator interested in working in an environment that is engaging and supportive, please send a cover letter stating your educational philosophy, a current resume and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in your subject line: Campus Ministry & Theology Position. Bishop Fenwick's Website: www.fenwick.org.
Bishop Fenwick High School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to their age, color, disability status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion, sex, veteran status, or any other class protected by state or federal law. As a Catholic school, Bishop Fenwick reserves the right to use religion as a hiring criterion for selected positions, as permitted by law. Employment offers are contingent on the satisfactory outcome of a standard background screening.
Job Category :Classroom Teacher > ReligionEqual Opportunity Employer
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
The Archdiocese of Boston does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices (consistent with those religious exemptions provided in statutory and constitutional law) on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Job Requirements
- At least 3 yearsof relevant experience preferred
- Master degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work visa required
- Cecilia Marquez , Principal
- 99 Margin Street
- Peabody,Massachusetts 01960
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a "Submission") will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. "Sensitive data" for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.No thanks continue